Original Post

Accepted Solution

Infinite connecting to lobby / stuck in lobby

★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One S
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Bossbro2017
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Zero_Malice02
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. In the lobby and the bottom left would say matchmaking
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. In the lobby readied up
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 10/06/2021... 11:00pm EST
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Im having a problem where i cant get into games ..it will just say connecting to match and my screen would be freezing randomly .Also if i play with a premade squad it lets them into the game but Im stuck in the lobby even though Im ready'ed up . Another thing that happens is after i die in a match and hit return to lobby or try to leave the match it just shows connecting to lobby and i cant leave
What should be happening instead? I should be able to get into games with my squad and actually be able to leave a match when i die, instead of having to restart my game everytime just to go back to lobby
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I load up apex hit ready up and my character starts glitching and im just stuck in the lobby while the bottom left says connecting to match

Phones busted so cant really do this 

Message 1 of 63 (17,082 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Infinite connecting to lobby / stuck in lobby

Community Manager

@bossbro2k17 

Changing the DNS could help. I've seen it work for similar issues in the past. You can update the DNS on your Xbox using the steps below: 

1. Open the Xbox Settings

2. Go to All Settings

3. Choose Network

4. Go to Advanced Settings

5. Choose DNS Settings and select Manual

6. Enter 8.8.8.8 as the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 as the Secondary DNS. This is the public Google DNS, but if there's a different DNS you'd rather try using instead that's OK as well. 

7. Save the changes

Let me know if you're still having the same issues after updating the DNS. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 63 (16,993 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @bossbro2k17

Can we try running through some troubleshooting to see if we can help get you back online?

A good place to start off would be with the basic connectivity steps from the EA Help website. If you're still having any trouble connecting after that check out the Xbox-specific steps as well. Let me know if you're still having any trouble after that. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 63 (17,032 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ive done all the steps except changing my dns which I might have to do just not sure if its safe .. I used the Internet speed tracker and got this:

(159.153.64.173), 64 hops max, 52 byte packets.   ( Im not sure if thats good or not )

Message 3 of 63 (17,020 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@bossbro2k17 It didn't work ..if thats not clear
Message 4 of 63 (17,017 Views)

Community Manager

@bossbro2k17 

Changing the DNS could help. I've seen it work for similar issues in the past. You can update the DNS on your Xbox using the steps below: 

1. Open the Xbox Settings

2. Go to All Settings

3. Choose Network

4. Go to Advanced Settings

5. Choose DNS Settings and select Manual

6. Enter 8.8.8.8 as the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 as the Secondary DNS. This is the public Google DNS, but if there's a different DNS you'd rather try using instead that's OK as well. 

7. Save the changes

Let me know if you're still having the same issues after updating the DNS. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 63 (16,994 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok ill try that when i have time will let you know if it still doesnt work 

Message 6 of 63 (16,977 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That looks like it worked thank you 

Message 7 of 63 (16,962 Views)

Community Manager

@bossbro2k17 

You're welcome! Thanks for letting me know it helped. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 63 (16,937 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent HI im back again and i have the same issue and i have no idea why
Message 9 of 63 (16,733 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @bossbro2k17

Do you have any other user accounts on your Xbox? If so, what happens if you try playing Apex Legends on those other accounts? Do you still get stuck? I'm curious if this is only happening on this specific account, or if it's the same for all of them. 

Kent.png
Message 10 of 63 (16,621 Views)