Accepted Solution

Infinite TB loop Vader vs Hoth Rebel Commanders

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone SE
OS Version 11.4.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug I am stuck in a loop with Darth Vader against 4 Hoth Rebel Commanders (3 elite). They can’t do enough damage to kill me and my damage over time aren’t enough to kill them. They have managed to make it so my turn meter doesn’t grow.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send a lvl 85 gear 11 double zeta Vader against the Hoth TB fight for 5* DS characters in the middle
Connection Type
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone SE
OS Version 11.4.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug I am stuck in a loop with Darth Vader against 4 Hoth Rebel Commanders (3 elite). They can’t do enough damage to kill me and my damage over time aren’t enough to kill them. They have managed to make it so my turn meter doesn’t grow.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send a lvl 85 gear 11 double zeta Vader against the Hoth TB fight for 5* DS characters in the middle
Connection Type
Please select your region North America
Country United States

CB6ACFFB-FAAB-4FBA-99BF-F0504B6B8F3E.png
Message 1 of 9 (1,030 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Infinite TB loop Vader vs Hoth Rebel Commanders

EA Live QV Team

Hi @TheZandoZan and thank you for the report.

This is actually not a bug but rather a clash of the game mechanics (it also happens if you are using a Nightsister Acolyte and Zombie team). Using a different team can prevent this from happening. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (1,051 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

If it is a loop you should be able to break it with even more DoTs and Culling Blade.

Furthermore: At some point you should have enough DoTs (character loses 5% max. health). 

Assuming the same protection as health, the guys should be killed with 40 DoTs itself.

Message 2 of 9 (955 Views)

[ Edited ]

In theory that works, but the elite commanders are recovering 5% Health and 5% TM each time an ally is damaged due to "veteran's resolve". Vader isn't going to get to take a turn, one goes, sets off "veteran's resolve", now the other two have at least 50% TM due to the number of DoTs going off. The next commander goes, another large TM boost for the other two, and on and on.

Basically, there is always one elite commander with full TM and the DoTs are working against Vader here preventing him from taking a turn.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 9 (947 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @TheZandoZan and thank you for the report.

This is actually not a bug but rather a clash of the game mechanics (it also happens if you are using a Nightsister Acolyte and Zombie team). Using a different team can prevent this from happening. 

Message 4 of 9 (1,052 Views)

★ Guide

Ah, I see. Thanks. This is indeed an unlucky situation.

Message 5 of 9 (935 Views)

I think there are enough examples of this happening with different squads, that it really needs to be addressed from a developer standpoint.

So far the recommendation is "don't use zombie/acolyte" or "don't use Vader lead"? Frown Really the recommendation is "if you use one of these character combos, make sure your team is strong enough not to have everyone but these guys die."

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

If it isn’t a bug, it is poor game design. I should never be in a situation where the game can continue indefinitely without getting a turn. Please ask your game designers to redesign this part of the game to prevent it from breaking like this. 

Message 7 of 9 (910 Views)

I've posted this as a suggestion in the Feedback forum, which is the appropriate place to voice our opinions about poor game design. If you comment/bump it here, perhaps it will get slightly more visibility.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/173599/please-provide-an-out-for-endless-...

EA Live QV Team

Thanks, @GladOS-013 for posting it as feedback.

/bumped as requested.

Message 9 of 9 (895 Views)