Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Infants Queuing (Chomp!) animation

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? High School Years, Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Werewolves, My Wedding Stories, Dream Home Decorator, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, and Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select the “pick up” option on an infant
What happens when the bug occurs? The queue completely fills up past the queue limit off screen with “Pick up Infant (Chomp!)” every time you pick up the infant just to hold or carry.
What do you expect to see? The sim picks up the infant, and queues one or two holding interactions
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The sims 4 Infants Update of 3/14/23

I couldn’t get the game to replicate it, so there must have been specific steps I took that I didn’t realize.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 11 (4,202 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Infants Queuing (Chomp!) animation

Hero

Infants like to chew things, it’s all part of teething. Our little ones decided that they wanted to autonomously Chomp their caregiver to the point the interaction queue was filled with the interaction. We’ve told them not to Chomp so much, so they seem to have stopped but what you tell them to do is up to you.

Fixed in Patch 1.97.42/1.73

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (1,894 Views)

All Replies

Infant Keeps Trying to Chomp

★★★ Novice

There's a bug where while playing as an adult sim, their task bar get overloaded with an infant trying to chomp the sim. I found this bug while playing with mods and when I played without mods the bug was still there but with less intensity.

The screenshot below was taken without mods, with mods the tasklist went up past the screen.

Screenshot 2023-03-15 010216.png

Message 2 of 11 (4,195 Views)

Re: Infant Keeps Trying to Chomp

Hero
@overtale I merged your post with the bug report. Please click me too in the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (4,154 Views)

★ Guide
@overtale I've had this happen with NO mods.
Message 4 of 11 (3,536 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I noticed this bug too, I avoided having any infants because I knew there would be bugs. I have no mods installed as well and the queue completely fills up to the top of the screen. Its low-key annoying having to sit and click off the rest of them too.

Message 5 of 11 (3,507 Views)

★★★ Novice

Do you have Growing Together installed? Because I noticed I haven't had that bug since I posted. Also how many infants do you have because I feel like that was also a contributing factor to the bug.

Message 6 of 11 (3,487 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have just experienced this too.  I do not use, and have never used, ‘Mods’.  It’s not even my infant.  Shortly after building a house (with 2 bedrooms) the pre-made Michaelson family called, stating they were having some problems & could they stay at my house for a while - so the infant is Orion Michaelson (a ‘Stay Over Guest’) from San Sequoia.  My sim was ‘Tinkering’ at the Robotics Station when suddenly the queue filled up rapidly off the top of the screen (20 - 30 queue high) … all ‘Chomp’.

Message 7 of 11 (3,367 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Which trait did your infant sim have when the queue filled? I have not experienced this yet but I have seen this occur when watching other players stream. It was usually the intense infants if memory serves.

Message 8 of 11 (3,295 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Infants are really buggy

1.  Actions cancel,
  2. the parents place infant in crib, read bedtime story then take infant out of the crib and place on floor.
  3. This chomp que is bizarre.
  4. And after adopting a pet, the pause bug is back.
  5. And also, when you visit a lot that has an infant the infant isn't on the lot, the infant is some place in the world and their needs are tanked.

I am playing vanilla, no mods/cc. Base Game Infants only.

1. buggy Infants.png
Message 9 of 11 (3,202 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have experienced this bug on the 12/04/23 (UK date) after updating sims4. I have no mods. 

Message 10 of 11 (2,179 Views)