Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Infant food-exploring resetting/not known to other caregiver

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ll, except Journey To Batuu, Bust the Dust, Courtyard Oasis, Fashion Street, Blooming Rooms, Modern Menswear.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an infant and choose to explore food.
What happens when the bug occurs? The food my infant has already tested, and either loved, liked or disliked has been reset to never tried.
What do you expect to see? The food options continues to show what my infant likes and dislikes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Update from 03/14/23 - The infant update

This seemed to have happened after starting up the game/reloading. The likes and dislikes did show a few hours ago, before I took a break from the game to do something else.

Edit By Crinrict: Merged another thread and adjusted title

Message 1 of 63 (11,911 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Infant food-exploring resetting/not known to other caregiver

Hero

Infant food preferences no longer reset when going to CASfrom Manage Worlds and returning to the game.

Fixed in Patch 1.97.42/1.73

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 63 of 63 (3,239 Views)

All Replies

Trying Baby Food

★★★ Novice

Having an issue with the new update today (3/14/23) when trying/experimenting with new baby foods. I have no mods or cc installed and opened a new save to try out the new update. I have a two parent household. With one parent the history is visible of what foods were tried with the infant and what their preference was. With the other parent the history doesn't show and the infant is showing new/different preferences of the same foods that was tried before.

Message 2 of 63 (11,840 Views)

Re: Infant food-exploring likes and dislikes resetting

★ Guide
@marianlarsen Same. It's really frustrating. Also I think it happens when the day changes over at midnight. I've had it stick during a day but then when I tried to feed her baby food the next day it was all "never tried"
Message 3 of 63 (11,842 Views)

Re: Trying Baby Food

Hero
@asadaDrea I merged your post with the bug reports resetting. Sounds like the same root cause that they are not properly saved.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 63 (11,797 Views)

Re: Infant food-exploring likes and dislikes resetting/not known to other caregi

★ Guide

I tried reproducing this in my game, but my infant seems to keep their food preferences. Maybe there's a specific trigger that makes them lose the food preference?

I have a family created in CAS, two parents, an infant, a toddler, a child and a teen. The infant discovered preferences while eating with the mother, father and teen sister. Food sessions were initiated by the adults and the infant. I left the lot with the teen, had the parents go to work, quit the game and reloaded. The food preferences are still there. 

The infant trait is sunny. This was a new save with no mods, all packs.

Can anyone think of anything more specific that could trigger the bug?

Message 5 of 63 (11,692 Views)

Re: Infant food-exploring likes and dislikes resetting/not known to other caregi

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Alas_EnkiduI have now three infants and two young adults. All three were born in-game. The infant in question has the wiggly-trait. I haven’t tested the other two infants yet.

One parent is in the Investor-branch of the Buisness career, the other parent is in the Supervisor-branch of the Salaryperson career

I started the save maybe a week ago, to play with infants at release. Never used mods or cc on this save.

Edit: Specified my two adults are young adults.

Message 6 of 63 (11,639 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

In my case, the problem occurs every time I come back from CAS.

After that, all the food preferences have disappeared

Message 7 of 63 (11,597 Views)

★ Guide
@Tiga3004 Yeah that may be what happened with mine. Going into CAS or closing/opening the game. I'll hafta test it out later.
Message 8 of 63 (11,410 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I just found out this issue. I was playing my current save, saved and closed the game. When I started the game and into my save, the loves, likes, and dislikes for baby food reset.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I remember going into CAS while playing my save before shutting off my game. So, I'm thinking that's why the food likes/dislikes had reset on me.

Message 9 of 63 (11,354 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Infant food-exploring resetting/not known to other caregiver

★ Guide

As @Tiga3004  and @MoonlitexAngel mentioned, the trigger seems to be going into CAS. It reproduced for me as well. 

Going into CAS (I tried via mirror > change outfits) and exiting by pressing the "Done" button seems to reset the discovered food preferences of infants. 

Message 10 of 63 (11,276 Views)