by iamsongbird18

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Inexplicable mourning

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game only
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a wedding between two player-made Sims, all guests player-made, with no relationships beyond Acquaintance with preset Sims
What happens when the bug occurs? The first time I had a wedding in-game, the bride and one of the guests turned up with an unwarranted Mourning moodlet. When I clicked the option to plan a wedding, the bride was Flirty and that particular guest was Happy. No one died, at least, no one they'd talked to more than once on the street. The Mourning moodlet stuck around after the wedding, and is riding out its full course.
What do you expect to see? Sims... shouldn't suddenly start mourning when no one died. And it shouldn't be triggered by a wedding.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The first time I had a wedding in-game, the bride and one of the guests turned up with an unwarranted Mourning moodlet. When I clicked the option to plan a wedding, the bride was Flirty and that particular guest was Happy. No one died, at least, no one they'd talked to more than once on the street. The Mourning moodlet stuck around after the wedding, and is riding out its full course.

The only thing linking the bride and the guest was the groom (the guest was the groom's brother). They both had a maxed/almost maxed friendship with him.
I'm pretty sure preset Sims have been dying for a little while now (since these Sims recently aged up from Teen, and almost all of the preset characters listed as acquaintances are either Elderly or ghosts). However, like I said, there wasn't anyone they really cared about who would've died in that half second.

Message 1 of 9 (1,112 Views)

Re: Inexplicable mourning

Hero

Hi @iamsongbird18 

what does it say when you hover over the icon ?

Could you add a picture to your post with the moodlet visible ?

Also make sure to update your game. It seems that you're on an older version.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,069 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't have a screenshot, but here's a picture I took on my phone.

IMG_20190424_170156_01.jpg

Also, I sort of guessed at my version using the Internet. The game wasn't very kind about giving me information, or maybe I just looked in the wrong places, but Origins forced me to update, so I think I'm on the newest version? I can double check if I know where to look.
(The Sad moodlet was almost constant. This photo shows one of them Happy because, thanks to a temporary decor moodlet, he had more Happy points than Sad.)

Message 3 of 9 (1,019 Views)

Hero
There's several ways to check.

See here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (1,013 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks, it would appear I'm actually on 1.51.77.1020 right now.
Message 5 of 9 (1,002 Views)

Hero
There used to be an issue where they would mourn about everyone they slightly knew. Maybe there's still some issues with that.

Does the moodlet go away after 2 days ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (991 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I don't think that's what's going on. I have my sims set to manually age up, and pretty much all the premade sims are either elderly or dead at this point, including the ones listed as acquaintances. This was a one-off thing.
The timer was counting down, and I assume the mourning would've ended on time, but it started over for the sim I was controlling when he got a phone call that someone he'd talked to just enough to be friends had died. That mourning moodlet is running a normal course. (I haven't played the game in a little bit.)
Message 7 of 9 (960 Views)

★ Pro

I had this happen in a game I was playing to test another issue. I did have aging on for everyone, but they kept getting phone calls for Sims that they barely knew. I don't see this happening in my regular game where I have aging set to Long. 

You might try changing your aging settings for a bit and then changing them back to how you like them.

I may have fixed this by repairing my game, but I was focused on another issue so wasn't paying that much attention to Sims dying off screen.

Message 8 of 9 (937 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Inexplicable mourning

Hero
Added to see if more people have this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (897 Views)