Incredibly low FPS on green Eco Lot (Oakenstead)

by xochiquetzl_xkvn

Original Post

Incredibly low FPS on green Eco Lot (Oakenstead)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.83.24.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? SO MANY OMG. All Expansion packs. All Game packs except Journey to Batuu. All stuff packs except Luxury Party. I also have a few kits (Courtyard Oasis, Industrial Loft, Carnival Streetwear)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move your Sim into Oakenstead and perhaps plant a great big garden while you're there. Turn on Eco Footprint gameplay. Wait.
What happens when the bug occurs? APPALLING FPS. Like, literally 1.5 - 7 FPS. Almost blinding sun rays.
What do you expect to see? Without Eco Footprint gameplay I get more like 50-70 FPS.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Oh boy, I should have taken a video for you! That said, the save in question is shared with QA Robo, as is the config.log, and you also have my dxdiag in a thread I'll link.

I initially thought it was related to my ethernet cable, as there's a separate bug report for that. Troubleshooting steps:

1. I moved out part of the household and played them and noticed that the FPS on these lots was just fine. Hmm.

2. Oakenstead still laggy, so I sent the whole family on vacation.  FPS was fine in Selvadorada.

3. Removed all mods and CC. Still 1.5 FPS.  Posted to the PC Issues forum. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Incredibly-Low-FPS-when-connected-to-Int...

4. Disconnected from the internet.  It didn't seem to help, so I logged in the next morning intending to bulldoze the lot and not save, and... 57 FPS! Rejoicing! I abandoned those plans, shut the game, came back... and after playing for some time my frame rate dropped to 1.5 FPS.

5. Had an awful thought of "What if the 'too many objects on lot' is... sunbeams?" and turned off Eco Footprint play.  I had some issues getting the sunbeams to go away, see https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-Sun-rays-appear-when-eco-footprint-is-disabled/m-p/94..., but I beat it with a stick until the sunbeams went away.  Frame rate is now consistently 50-70 FPS and has been for ages.

Note that the OP in https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-Sun-rays-appear-when-eco-footprint-is-disabled/m-p/94... was also playing on Oakenstead; I found the thread searching for the term "Oakenstead."

I honestly don't know why it would be that particular lot! I've done Eco Footprint play in Willow Creek in more than one save without issue, and I also play on the 64x64 lot in Brindleton Bay, Hounds Head, with Eco Footprint play on and it's fine! So I think it's this one particular lot, as weird as that sounds.

I would be willing to try again with a "mods have never touched this save ever" save and see if I can repeat it if you deem it useful, but the issue hasn't come back and I've continued to play with Eco Footprint gameplay off.

Message 1 of 1 (468 Views)