Incorrect word on piano action menu. Should be concert instead of concerto?

by John_Citron

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Incorrect word on piano action menu. Should be concert instead of concerto?

★★ Apprentice

The list of choices on the piano action menu includes play concerto, write a song, practice, etc.

The correct word should be play a concert. The reason being a concerto consists of both a soloist and an orchestra with the orchestra playing both tutti parts and with the solo performer, as well as altering with totally solo performances by the performer. A typical concerto would be Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 21 in C, or Chopin's Piano Concerto No. 1 in E-minor.

In the Sims4, the pianist, in this case, only plays a bunch of pieces he/she has been working on, which seems to be Ragtime in my case. A performance of "Easy Winners' Rag by Scott Joplin is not playing a concerto; just a concert.

I'm not being picky, it's just the program is using the wrong terminology and should be corrected.

John

Message 1 of 2 (323 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Incorrect word on piano action menu. Should be concert instead of concerto?

Hero

I do think it's on purpose and not an oversight but will ask a dev on twitter.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (333 Views)

All Replies

Re: Incorrect word on piano action menu. Should be concert instead of concerto?

Hero

I do think it's on purpose and not an oversight but will ask a dev on twitter.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (334 Views)