by TheSteelRodent

Original Post

Incorrect/impossible wims and wims that don't register as fulfilled

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All official expansion, game packs, stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I didn't want to create 20-50 topics for each and every wim issues as it is so widespread that it looks like the wims system in general is just very broken atm. Odd wims appear randomly for all my sims, age teen and up. There does not appear to be anything specific that triggers these issues and as far as I can tell they're not related to any specific emotion (this is different from the bug where wims don't get replaced when a sim changes emotion). Wims have always been a bit hit and miss, but they've become really broken with one of the last 3-4 updates (which came out while I didn't play the game).
What happens when the bug occurs? Two parts (this is not a comprehensive list, but play the game for a few hours and stuff like this happens): Part 1: - Sims will show wims that cannot be fullfilled. E.g.: lesbians want to try for baby with each other. Married sims want to propose to each other or ask the other to go steady. Sims want to dance on a floor mirror (and after 1200 hours I've yet to find a floor mirror anywhere in the catalogue, even with the hidden content). Sims want to buy objects they already own or that is an inferior version of an object they already own (like when they want to buy a wash tub when they own a washing machine). And so on. Part 2: - Social wims will not register as fulfilled even when the social is performed. Like, a sim wants to kiss another, but no matter how many times they kiss that other sim, the wim is not fulfilled. Same with certain conversations, like being funny or asking about their day. The social is performed, but the wim never registers as completed. Happens whether the wim is pinned or not.
What do you expect to see? I'd like sims to not have wims they cannot possibly fulfill, and to not have wims that make no sense. Would also be nice if the wims registered as fulfilled when I attempt to do it. As it is now it is difficult to accumulate satisfaction points because the system is so broken.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. One of the patches released after June 28 (last time I played where it worked fine).

I only have nude and no-censor mods, but they are not script mods so they shouldn't interfere with the game. I've tried removing them nonetheless, but the wim system is still really odd and doesn't work correctly.

Message 1 of 3 (370 Views)

Re: Incorrect/impossible wims and wims that don't register as fulfilled

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Not sure if related but today as I was playing, my Snob sim had the whim to criticise a work piece, and after I directed her to criticise some random wall art the whim would not register as completed. So that one is  not working :\ 

Message 2 of 3 (358 Views)

Re: Incorrect/impossible wims and wims that don't register as fulfilled

Hero
@TheSteelRodent We currently have this issue on whims: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Whims-not-fulfilling/td-p/8180364

I think it's best if you continue there for the moment until that is fixed.

As you say, they are very broken and I don't think it's worth to have more than that thread atm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (324 Views)