Re: Incorrect Player Goals in Franchise

by skokaj

Original Post

Re: My coach thinks I'm a QB

★ Novice
@StrandedGeordie The only way so far around it was by making ur starting point the regular season and skipping the preseason.
Message 31 of 39 (761 Views)

★ Novice
The only way so far around it was by making ur starting point the regular season and skipping the preseason.
Message 32 of 39 (760 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Experiencing the same issue as a WR. Makes it unplayable as the character always gets cut for not reaching the coach goals. 

Message 33 of 39 (681 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I just tried to do an offline WR and skip preseason I got cut before even playing a game or practice. 

Message 34 of 39 (683 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had this same problem too. I was playing as a Running Back (undrafted; instant starter turned off because I like the idea of improving and earning my spot). I started noticing the coach was setting goals for a quarterback. I figured after preseason it would fix itself and I could go on with the season, but nope, I'm cut in preseason. Even got a funny cutscene from Good Morning Football about the quarterback from Face of the Franchise not making the cut. This is a huge problem that needs to be fixed. 

Message 35 of 39 (632 Views)

Connected Franchise Player (Gamebreaking Issue)

★★★ Newbie

So when you start the mode with any position other than a QB you cannot proceed past preseason... because every goal and metric they base your performance on is geared towards quarterbacks.  I made a man-to-man Cornerback... after my first preseason game (in which I had an interception), the coach was upset that I didn't throw enough touchdowns.  So for the next week he asked me to not get sacked twice... but I'm a cornerback.  I've checked and the only position this mode works with is Quarterback... I'm not talking about face of the franchise either... this is a giant bug...

Message 36 of 39 (634 Views)

Re: Connected Franchise Player (Gamebreaking Issue)

Community Manager

Hey Madden fans,

We've sent this up to the team to be aware of. For those having trouble getting past pre-season, so far the workaround fix is to avoid pre-season and start the franchise in week 1 of the regular season. 

We'll get back to you as soon as we find out more info on this, thanks for reporting it!

Blueberry.png
Message 37 of 39 (611 Views)

Re: Connected Franchise Player (Gamebreaking Issue)

Community Manager

Per today's title update:

• Fixed an issue where Face of the Franchise QB1 decisions were presented to non-QB1 users in Franchise
Blueberry.png
Message 38 of 39 (1,950 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@keatcf Yes! So glad I wasn’t only one. It’s ridiculous and makes it impossible to play an in season game because coach cuts you for not being good QB, despite the fact you aren’t one. Pay $75 bucks for a finished game and have to deal with this garbage. EA better fix this, otherwise I’m not getting madden again.
Message 39 of 39 (575 Views)