Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? keatsauce
Date/time issue occurred 2am EST
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Offline
Summarize your bug I am experiencing an issue when creating a defensive player (specifically FS, have not tried others). After creating an undrafted FS I am continuing to get OFFENSIVE goals, like gain 50 yards of offense, etc. Can't even get out of preseason because I am not completing these goals, which is impossible when I'm a defensive player. I'm pretty positive there was a title patch released some time yesterday. Not sure if this was an issue pre patch or not as I've only just started to create a franchise as a defensive player.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Create a offline franchise with a created defense player. Pre-loaded roster or current active roster, both gave me the issue. 2. Once created check out your goals!
What happens when the bug occurs? I am unable to advance through preseason. I had 3 INTS in the 4 preseason games. The goal in the last preseason game is "Save your job!", which is all offensive challenges.. had a pick 6 in the final game but I still got cut from the roster, as the 2nd best FS the Jags had.
What do you expect to see? Defensive goals for defensive players so it is possible to make it out of preseason..
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue as well? I quickly glanced over the first page but didn't see anything similar

Message 2 of 39 (1,811 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Connected Franchise Player (Gamebreaking Issue)

Community Manager

Per today's title update:

• Fixed an issue where Face of the Franchise QB1 decisions were presented to non-QB1 users in Franchise
Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 38 of 39 (1,921 Views)

All Replies

Franchise Defense weekly goals

★★★ Newbie

I like to play as MLB and the weekly goals are set for offense causing a release a few a few game weeks.

Message 1 of 39 (1,589 Views)

My coach thinks I'm a QB

★★★ Newbie

Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which console generation do you have? PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? jlbrowning19
Date/time issue occurred 20 August 2019 / 10:30 pm
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Offline
Summarize your bug In franchise mode using a created player, my coach thinks I'm a QB
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start franchise, change role, create player, select any position other than QB.
What happens when the bug occurs? My coach threatened to cut me after the third preseason game because I want meeting the expectations of the QB they drafted. But my player is a TE and was playing very well.
What do you expect to see? I expect the coaches expectations to change for each respective position.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

I started my franchise as a TE (I tried as a RB and WR and it happened there too). The first text the coach sends me talks about getting my arm loose. After the first preseason game, he tells me he expected to see more downfield completions. I shrugged it off thinking completions could apply to a TE but receptions would have been more accurate but I moved on. Then he talks to me about drafting me as a QB. After the third preseason game he threatens to cut me despite putting up great numbers as a TE. It gives me the option to ask for another chance so I did. He said he would give me one more quarter to prove myself, but you know what one of the goals are? Passing yards. How is my TE going to accumulate passing yards?

Message 3 of 39 (2,476 Views)

Re: Incorrect Player Goals in Franchise

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. My player is a TE, but the coach always talks to me about being a QB. After the third preseason game I was going to get cut so I had the "save you job" thing but one of the goals was 130 passing yards....

Message 4 of 39 (1,780 Views)

★★ Novice
@jlbrowning15 After messing around some more, yeah I notice it's only giving QB goals to complete.. Must be from the most recent patch because I don't see this problem posted anywhere else
Message 5 of 39 (1,773 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think you're right because I had a franchise going as RB from a couple days ago and didn't have the issue. Tried starting a new one last night it happened no matter what position I chose.

Message 6 of 39 (1,765 Views)

Re: My coach thinks I'm a QB

★★ Novice

Yep same for me I'm a RB and I'm being asked to complete so many passing yards . Pretty much breaks the game this bug . Please fix this asap EA

Message 7 of 39 (2,446 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here I tried as a SS, WR, CB, and FS all results in thinking I am a QB then I get cut after preseason.

Message 8 of 39 (2,432 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@jlbrowning15 im a corner and the same thing is happening:/
Message 9 of 39 (2,389 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is ridiculous.  It breaks the entire game mode.  This needs immediate patching!  I’m in my second preseason game and now I guess I can’t continue until it is fixed.  EA is so disappointing.  For every step forward they take, they take 2 or 3 back.

Message 10 of 39 (2,359 Views)