In game voice chat not going to chat only headset while speakers output sound.

by Whoisthis4890

Original Post

In game voice chat not going to chat only headset while speakers output sound.

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GeForce RTX 2070 ID: 10DE 1F07 37341462 Part #: G160 0052
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Whoisthis4890
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? Origin / Nvidia
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. It occurs anywhere in the game, in game chat
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. It's in game voice chat, everywhere
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? It occurs every since match since I've updated the game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 06/27/20 16:07
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm using an up to date original xbox controller with original up to date microphone.I use the chat headset to communicate only with voice communication while I have my in game sound come out of my desktop speakers. The voice chat coming from in game players is coming out of my speakers and not my xbox headset while on PC. I'm not in a typical party but just playing with random players in Apex.
What should be happening instead? I should be hearing voice chat through my xbox headset instead of through desktop speakers.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plug a original xbox one chat headset into an original xbox one controller to a USB 3.0 or 3.1 port on a desktop PC running Windows version 1909 build 18363.900. Launch an apex game and see if voice chat comes through the headset or if it comes through the desktop speakers.

I took a break from playing Apex on the PC and switched to xbox for a few months. I used the same controller and headset to play on the xbox without issue. I moved back to the PC and had to update Apex and ever since then, I have had an issue with not being able to hear voice chat through my headset.

I know my headset works fine since I can use it to communicate with other applications and hear voices through other applications. This is only involving Apex. I have tried repairing the game. I set my xbox headset as the default communication device and the speakers to my default playback device. This did not solve the issue. I even went further and set Apex specifically to use the xbox headset for input.

I feel like there should be a setting from within the game to set the output of voice chat to headphones much like other games have while still maintaining the game sound to the default sound.

As a side note, I have also tested this with another PC and I still can not get voice chat to come out of the xbox chat headset.

Message 1 of 1 (335 Views)