In-game chat occasionally vanishes

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone 11
OS Version 16.1.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 368111246
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug Occasionally the icon for in-game chat just vanishes - you can see from the screenshot I've attached there's no longer anywhere to tap. It's infrequent, but for the last few weeks I've had it happen 1-2 times a week. Chat returns once I force quit and restart the app.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm sorry, I wish I knew! There doesn't seem to be an obvious cause or precipitating event.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Canada

I have no additional information to provide, sorry!.

image0.png
Message 1 of 10 (643 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: In-game chat occasionally vanishes

EA Live QV Team

We are tracking the issue HERE.

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (338 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Do you know eventually when it started?

Did you notice any specific pattern when the chat disappears? 
How often does it happen during the day?

Message 2 of 10 (590 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Gunner I wish I had more of an answer for you. I first noticed it happening maybe three weeks ago. And it only happens about twice a week. I can't point to specific time of day, or any pattern, except to say that it happens when I go back into the game when it's already open, rather when it's just started up. But I do that many times a day with no problem. I can't see a pattern (yet).
Message 3 of 10 (583 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Did you link the account with the web store already?

Message 4 of 10 (577 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Definitely, day 1.  And for what it's worth, I've never had any login issues with it.

Message 5 of 10 (572 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Will check if I can find something. Thanks for the details.

Message 6 of 10 (562 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Gunner Okay, tested it the last few days, and it appears to happen just after getting the free pack from the web store. After I’m logged out of the game, then reconnect, chat is there, but once I “claim” the pack from my inbox, chat vanishes. Not every time, but sometimes.

Note that I have not tested whether it happens after buying other packs - don’t want to spend for the sake of tracking down a bug Standard smile
Message 7 of 10 (509 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thank you for the report. We flagged your report and are investigating the source.

Message 8 of 10 (424 Views)

EA Live QV Team

We are tracking the issue HERE.

Message 9 of 10 (339 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have further info for this issue. This happens to me every day, about once per day. 

When the game restarts to log in, either when switching accounts, or to re-log in after using the web store, it sometimes starts with no connection features.

For a player that uses Google play it does not load the Google play account selector. It loads into whatever account is native to the device. For a lot of players this will be a new guest account.

I played that guest account for a while, so noticed other things are missing when the game loads this way. 

There is no guild chat. (If the game loads normally and I select the guest account myself it has got guild chat)

There are no connect buttons in the settings screen

Screenshot_20230110-161221_Heroes.jpg

(Image cropped to remove player ID) Again, the guest account has a normal setting screen if I select 'play as guest' from the account selector. 

You have to force close the app to get out of the account, and the next load always seems to go to the Google account selector.

I suspect the game loading in this way is the cause of many player's reported "no guild chat" and "no EA connect button" reports. Those players would not realise if they are still playing on the device they created that account from. It is the device native account, so they get their normal account, but with the client not loaded properly. 

Message 10 of 10 (296 Views)