In game bug with Matchmaking

by jacknapier2808

Original Post

In game bug with Matchmaking

★★★★ Novice

Product: NHL 21
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I can’t play online games, matchmaking errors
What happens when the bug occurs? I can get into hut and into woc but can’t find a match. My internet is perfect and i have even tried my personal hotspot an di get the same problem. I have contacted ea help 5 times and have done all the trouble shooting they have asked and it still doesn’t work. I have uninstalled the game numerous times.
What do you expect to see? Problem resolved so i can continue enjoying the game
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Online
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Hut, woc, online vs, and online shootout mode
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) February 1, 2021, monday, at around 11am-12pm
What is your time zone? PNT (MST) - GMT - 7:00
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? GODFATHER24#4834
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

I can get into hut and into woc but can’t find a match. My internet is perfect and i have even tried my personal hotspot an di get the same problem. I have contacted ea help 5 times and have done all the trouble shooting they have asked and it still doesn’t work. I have uninstalled the game numerous times. I can play sqaud battles and hut challenges but I cant find an opponent in rivals games.

Message 1 of 27 (703 Views)

Re: In game bug with Matchmaking

★★★★ Novice

This is what happens

Message 2 of 27 (699 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @jacknapier2808.

Do you happen to use a custom gamerpic? If so, can you remove it and use a default one instead? Then, restart NHL and see if it still happens. It would also be good to clear your alternate MAC address with these steps:

Go to your Xbox One Settings (Just press Start, then click Settings)
Go to "Network", then "Advanced Network Settings"
Click on "Alternate MAC Address", and then click "Clear"

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 3 of 27 (677 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo I use a default gamerpic and have cleared my mac address. Its not on my end mate, i had no problems a week ago, and haven’t changed any settings. I can play any other online games
Message 4 of 27 (673 Views)

Community Manager

@jacknapier2808 

Thanks for those details. We're not aware of any issues currently and are not getting many reports of this so we'll need to keep troubleshooting. Try using alternate DNS settings with these steps. From the Xbox One screen, go to Settings > Network > Advanced settings > DNS settings > Manual. (If Settings doesn't appear on the home screen, select My Games & Apps, then Settings). From there, enter the Primary DNS as "208.67.222.222" and the Secondary DNS as "208.67.220.220". If that doesn't help, try using the google DNS servers which are: primary alt number 8.8.8.8 - secondary alt number 8.8.4.4. Let me know what happens.

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 27 (670 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo Tried that and it didn’t work
Message 6 of 27 (667 Views)

Community Manager

@jacknapier2808 

Thanks. Please check the network settings screen on your console and let me know what it says for the NAT type. Also, note if it's on IPv4, IPv6 or both. Do you know if UPnP is enabled on your router?

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 27 (663 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo I have ipv4 and upnp is enabled
Message 8 of 27 (659 Views)

Community Manager

@jacknapier2808 

Thanks. Both of those are good. Have you checked to see if there's a firmware update for your router available?

Aljo.png
Message 9 of 27 (657 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo There is no update available. Its not my internet i can play other games fine, its a bug with the game or a bug with just my game because i can play any other game
Message 10 of 27 (654 Views)