by Cannyone

Original Post

Highlighted

Impostor - Some users cannot enter boss room through barrier

★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD Ryzen 7 2700x model # YD270XBGAFBOX Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Mission
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? Stop the Imposter, Freelancer Contract from Yarrow,
What was your chosen difficulty level? Hard
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Colossus
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. in the game world. Tunnel before the Diggs boss fight were there are 2 Legendary Storm beast.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 25/02/19 10:00pm CST
Summarize your bug Force wall appears and blocks entry to boss room if you cancel the out of mission area by getting just before the room.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Stay back as your team starts this fight so that you don't get the out of mission prompt but still outside the room so the wall appears.
What happens when the bug occurs? Made it to the hall with the 2 legendary storm beast just before the fight with Diggs. i noticed that the NPC freelancers were downed so i went back to get them up but there was no prompt. I then got the out of mission area as the other players had moved ahead and started the phase for Diggs to appear. i was flying to them and the Zone box disappeared but i was blocked by the Force field wall from entering. i tried to go back and force the prompt but i wouldn't appear and i was locked out of the fight. i still received credit for the fight
What should be happening instead? Wall should not prevent you from entering only exiting.

i have only seen this once and can't repeat the mission at the moment to verify it is repeatable. 

Message 1 of 12 (421 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Impostor - Some users cannot enter boss room through barrier

★★ Newbie

Myself and another player had this issue, wondering if I could get pulled to the mission area. I went as far back as I could and encountered another wall, Ultimately causing us not to participate in the final fight against diggs, However, the audio was great, we could hear dialogue the whole time.

Message 2 of 12 (357 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

I had the same issue, also meant I was very lucky to watch as 2 pieces of epic loot just sat there because I couldn't get in to pick it up and it doesn't give you them unless you pick up the item, this game has so many bugs its unreal, shouldn't have been released as a finished product by far, that's the point of a decent beta test, that thing that didn't exist instead we got 6 days and the servers were broken for 3 of them

Message 3 of 12 (335 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

Ran into the same issue on the final boss. Wall comes up too fast to allow everyone through. Ran the contract twice as I couldn't get in the first time. Waited at the break in the wall the second time, but it closed too quickly again as soon as a teammate entered the final room.

Message 4 of 12 (305 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Same, barrier came up in front of me just as I was about to fly through, myself and another player were stuck on the wrong side of it.

Message 5 of 12 (298 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

Had this same thing happen on multiple runs. Other players pass through the room before the boss while teamates are fighting enemies and the wall appears blocking progression. Great way to troll other players. :/

Message 6 of 12 (294 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
I had the same and found a glich to pass through. When the barrier goes up , look to the right wall intersection of the barrier. You can pass through from that spot by force jumping to the intersection of the wall and the barrier. Thats how me and my buddy pass the barrier and completed the mission with others.
Message 7 of 12 (275 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I got the same problem with my xbox one at 04/03/19, 9:06am (Brazil time).

Message 8 of 12 (250 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

Impostor is just an example. This happens in other missions too.

Message 9 of 12 (224 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Prime Example of POOR Mission Design.  There are reasons to put up barriers to keep you out of areas you aren't supposed to go.  But there's NO reason to use them as they are used in this mission.  It's some junior programmer / producer / designer being STUPID!!!

Message 10 of 12 (206 Views)
Twitter Stream