Re: Impossible to beat levels

by Judicator0

Original Post

Impossible to beat levels

★★★ Newbie

Seriously I should not be getting killed with a squad of all level 39 characters, 4 star (save one), all at level 5 or above gear by a bunch of level 31 mobs. You create levels filled with Stormtroopers that drop AOE grenades that take out your entire squad in pretty much one turn when they all use it? That is seriously game breaking mechanics.

Focus targeting, if I was lucky, would take down one of them. Then the reamining 4 throw their grenades with what seems to be no cool down and kills my entire team. That is broken. A fight should be difficult and challenging when they are your level, or maybe a level below you. It should not be impossible when you have 7 levels and rank 5 gear plus moves upgraded.

index.png
Message 1 of 10 (663 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I agree 100%
Message 2 of 10 (619 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yea what gives? I 3 stared the other battles no problem but when it comes to the 4-L battle, I get rekt on the 2nd wave if I can barley manage to even make it there.

Message 3 of 10 (603 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't know this for sure, but I suspect the difficulty of level 4-L is intentional.  In a lot of FTP games, they sprinkle levels like this every once in a while as a way to slow you down.

My advice is this:  I beat the level with a team of level 43 characters and I picked Old Ben as an ally.  His special ability gives the storm troopers ability lock, which prevents them from throwing the grenades.  This gives you an extra round to kill 1 or 2 storm troopers before they unleash the barrage, which hopefully makes it survivable.  The cooldown on this ability is quite long, so I couldn't use it in the second round, but the storm troopers in round 2 start with empty turn meters, which helps.  Use the ability again at the beginning of round 3.  Boba Fett isn't that hard to kill if you can get to him.

Message 4 of 10 (575 Views)

★★★ Novice

^What notbarteither said. I saw this thread the other day and came on here to suggest the same thing. I think the difficulty may be intentional, and Old Ben is a great solution (is it a coincidence you have to use Old Ben to Mind Trick a group of Stormtroopers in Mos Eisley? :3) Using's an Ally's Old Ben's Mind Trick, I was able to 2 star the level with characters at level 37. Don't get me wrong: it's still difficult. Make sure to pay attention to which enemies throw their grenades and try to take out ones that still have a grenade ready to throw. Also, another small tip: keep in mind that the Jawa's basic attack does more damage if an enemy has a debuff on it (like Ability Block or Offense Down from the Mind Trick.) Good luck!

Message 5 of 10 (566 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't mind difficult levels, but the difficulty spike between 4-K and 4-L does seem rather dramatic. Very similar to the increase in difficulty from Tier I to Tier II Gear Challenge missions. Most of them have a trick, which makes them still beatable, but that Savage Challenge mission still stumps me on Tier II!

Message 6 of 10 (563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm having trouble with Bounty Hunter Challenge Tier III >.<

Message 7 of 10 (548 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Use Darth Sidious, Anakin or IG 88 with healing immunity against bosses/players from preventing them to heal.. Only exception is Barriss Offer who can still heal through immunity

Message 8 of 10 (526 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I know that in every game they place a mission that seems impossible.. Like a ceiling type missions

my suggestion would be to keep upgrading your heroes and get more speed so u can strike first and give urself a chance to heal.. Also, use heroes who can Ability Block

i have done all LS missions and hard missions..waiting for level 7 to unlock

as for DS hard mission, I'm stuck at 6B.. The last wave is currently impossible for me.. Level 66 with grade 8 gears.. With Ewok Elder as boss.. 

Also, u can directly ask on forums who can give u a specific ally hero for that mission

and FYI, DS level 5 mission, I think the second to last mission, is quite nasty with waves after waves of Jawas and all spams AoE skills.. Can only still 1* those dang Utinis

Message 9 of 10 (525 Views)

★★ Novice

Honestly easiest way that I found to beat this lvl was to have ima-gundi as leader / ally with baris,  my team consisted of , ima, councilor, chewy, luminary, and baris. As long as you are at least gear lvl 5/6 and about lvl 35/40 you shouldn't have any problem if you skilled up your characters

Message 10 of 10 (519 Views)