Impossible championship score

★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Moto x4
OS Version Android
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 533362759
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Impossible championship score in Grand Arena setup phase
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? View Division 1 leaderboard before attack phase begins
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

During setup phase, a player can complete feats and fully deploy defense. Currently 4 feats require attack phase.  Because of this, a 1,132 Championship score is the best score available before attack phase begins. Somehow, the #1 player in the leaderboards has a 4,511 Championship score.

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 12.05.30 AM.png
Message 1 of 11 (542 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Impossible championship score

@oxinferno Hello there.

The matchmaking system couldn't find an opponent for that player, so they got a bye in this round.

A bye grants a player the maximum defensive and offense score, as well as the points for the win at the start of the round. This is WAI.

Hope this helps.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (518 Views)

All Replies

@oxinferno Hello there.

The matchmaking system couldn't find an opponent for that player, so they got a bye in this round.

A bye grants a player the maximum defensive and offense score, as well as the points for the win at the start of the round. This is WAI.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 11 (519 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah, I asked around on Discord and got that answer too. Makes sense! Standard smile

Message 3 of 11 (486 Views)

★ Apprentice
@ChristophIV The player in question though has 4.6 GP with no toons with relics and only 11 that are g12. Something still doesn't seem right
Message 4 of 11 (466 Views)

@oxinferno Their roster makes no difference.

If a player gets a bye due to an uneven number of players in a group they receive the maximum possible score for setting defence, clearing the opponent's defence perfectly and 2,000 points for winning the match.

This score from the bye is granted as soon as matchmaking is completed.

Message 5 of 11 (461 Views)

★ Apprentice
@ChristophIV Their roster absolutely makes a difference in their 4.6 GP. How is their GP that high with that roster. This is independent of their Championship score
Message 6 of 11 (433 Views)

@oxinferno The roster doesn't matter about the bye.

As far as how they have a 4.6M GP with that roster, every single character is geared at least to g8 and they all have purple or gold mods. It's one of the "fluffiest" rosters I've ever seen.

★ Apprentice
@GladOS-013 My GP is 4.6 with majority of my roster with g8 or more as well. The gear might be an explanation but that's seems like a stretch
Message 8 of 11 (404 Views)

@oxinferno There’s no way to “cheat” GP. I can’t find his ally code or swgoh.gg so I can’t get an accurate count. They might have more ships or stars than you. Regardless, their GP only means they’re in division 1. Otherwise GP is pretty meaningless.

★ Apprentice
@GladOS-013 I develop software professionally, so I don't believe there's no way to cheat GP. But, I don't believe there's any reason to want to raise your GP to get into a higher division with harder competition. It could be a bug with how it's being calculated
Message 10 of 11 (365 Views)