Re: If it becomes advantageous during the match, it will be disconnected

by storchP

Original Post

Accepted Solution

If it becomes advantageous during the match, it will be disconnected

★★★ Novice

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) ipad2018
OS Version iOS12
What is your Player ID? FNRCCwJX
What type of issue do you have? Network/Connection
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug During my battle, only when the battlefield gains an advantage, the dialog “Bad connection” is displayed and it becomes impossible to play. After 10 seconds, the message “Disconnected from the game” is displayed and the game is no-game. My network environment has wifi connected to the broadband line and there is no problem
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Occurs only when my battlefield is advantageous. It does not occur when I am disadvantaged.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country japan

not 

Message 1 of 9 (1,202 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Thank you for your reply.

We will continue to review the settings of wifi and 4G (LTE).

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (1,132 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
I'll post a screenshot at a later date
Message 2 of 9 (1,197 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Wifi is known to have issues, especially when you don't have a good router. There are three possible solutions:

1.) Play on mobile data instead of Wifi.

2.) If you must play on Wifi, make sure that you use a really good router. Ever since I switched to an expensive router at home, I haven't had any network problems with C&C Rivals anymore.

3.) You can also play on the PC/Mac using an emulator like e.g. Bluestacks. You should be connected to the Internet via cable then, to avoid any Wifi issues if there should be some.

Message 3 of 9 (1,198 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for advice. 

I use 5Ghz wifi made in Buffalo, it is high-end model. 

In addition, we are verifying with LTE mobile line, but symptoms are occurring.

If there is another point to be worried about, this will only happen when the opponent is at a disadvantage.

If the same phenomenon occurs even if you use bkuestacks from a PC and connect via wired LAN, this phenomenon means that there is a user who is cheating. I am very concerned about it.

Message 4 of 9 (1,187 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hey @storchP thanks for reaching out. WiFi is usually a bit more troublesome as it is more susceptible to interference from other users on the same connection or even just an application running in the background on your phone. Some people have mentioned that changing the frequency on the router helps reduce the chances of this.

Message 5 of 9 (1,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@storchP wrote:

If the same phenomenon occurs even if you use bkuestacks from a PC and connect via wired LAN, this phenomenon means that there is a user who is cheating. I am very concerned about it.

There is really a misconception here. You cannot influence the connection between your opponent and the game's server. Neither can your opponent influence your connection. People seem to think that their smartphone and their opponent's smartphone are directly connected to one another during a battle. This is not the case. Your device only ever communicates with the server(s) on which this game is running.

Message 6 of 9 (1,165 Views)

★★★ Novice

If opponent's device can send a bad code to the server and my device can't be disrupted, I can trust this game.

Message 7 of 9 (1,140 Views)

★★★ Novice

We will continue to review the settings of wifi and 4G (LTE).

Message 8 of 9 (1,133 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had this same problem. Several times. Back to back. I work nights and can play for hours at a time due to my job. I’ve been battling to get first in a rivals race. Every time I am on a streak, I will lose at least 2-3 battles back to back due to poor connection when in fact I have full service and I am using data from my iPad. This only occurs when I am at the advantage as well. It doesn’t happen any other time. I’m in Texas. 

Message 9 of 9 (1,048 Views)