[Fixed] Sims acting out wrong hobby

by Srenti

Original Post

[Fixed] Sims acting out wrong hobby

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Nexus 5
OS Version Android Marshmallow 6.0.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003105633189
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Start events between two sims on Writing and Piano, 2. Leave them to their auto actions and watch as the Writing sim always ends up playing piano instead, and the Piano sim vice versa
What do you expect to see? The sim with the Writing hobby should be writing or typing, while the sim with the Piano hobby should be playing piano
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback

Almost a bit sad to file this bug because it's kind of cute, but sims on the Writing hobby are constantly sitting down to play the piano instead, and probably vice versa for the sim with the Piano hobby. I can understand walking around to do different things for flavor, but it's to the point where you'll almost always find the Writer at the piano if you leave them alone, all the way to the end of the event, so it's pretty obvious the two sets of idle actions are swapped around.

Message 1 of 12 (2,878 Views)

Re: Idle actions swapped between Writing and Piano hobbies

★★★★ Apprentice

My sims do a bit of this and that when left alone during an event. I find them doing yoga, playing the guitar, using the computer (internet hobby) etc when they should be doing their “own” hobby activity. I think they just aren’t good at focusing unless you guide them 🙂 

Message 2 of 12 (2,620 Views)

Re: [Open] Sims acting out wrong hobby

★★★★ Expert

@Srenti  I noticed the same thing.  My writer is almost always on the piano.  I figure she is either writing music or I have her in the wrong hobby Wink

Message 3 of 12 (2,599 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’ve had 3 different Sims in the writing hobby and they ALL hang out at / play the piano constantly. 

Message 4 of 12 (2,550 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi there: just wanted to post once more that this issue is still active as of today, as I watch my Writer playing the piano, and my Pianist writing at the desk.

It's a minor annoyance in the grand scheme of things, but basically every time I want to start a new hobby event/shift between the two of them, I have to forcefully evict the other one off the piano/table where they don't belong, and it can get jarring, or I can accidentally press the Sim instead because they're in the way. No reason for this to be happening.

Message 5 of 12 (2,479 Views)

@Axs6730Sxa5568@Srenti@MrsNHP & @rmw8855 my Sim is still writing while working on the guitar hobby. However I'm not sure if he's writing songs or a book. How is this for you guys?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 12 (2,399 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I believe this is still an issue, if but only by the fact that my Writer never actually uses any of the writing desks assigned to the hobby, yet uses the Piano. I'm aware the two musical hobbies spend time writing music, but this is glaring a pattern.
Message 7 of 12 (2,371 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It makes perfect sense for the piano & guitar hobby sims to sit down once in a while to write songs, but there’s no reason whatsoever for the writing hobby sim to be constantly on the piano - It’s been going on for a long time now and annoys the heck out of me. It’s gotten so far that I don’t even have my sims in the writing hobby anymore till this issue is fixed....

Message 8 of 12 (2,186 Views)

I currently don't have that hobby @Rottweiler1982, so thank you for updating me on it. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 9 of 12 (2,162 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Following up on this report from May that this issue is still happening. You can literally start a Writer on their hobby at the desk and immediately see them walk straight to the piano to play it the entire time until the shift is over.
Message 10 of 12 (2,007 Views)