Re: Iden Veriso hero ship progression is broken

by Alliecat7803

Original Post

Iden Veriso hero ship progression is broken

Champion (Retired)

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug XP awarded to Iden Versio hero ship is the same as battle points, not the XP that should be awarded.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Alliecat7803
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 05/07/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 09:00 am
In what game mode did the bug occur? Starfighter Assault
What is your time zone? PST - GMT - 8:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play as Iden Versio in Starfighter assault. Observe her battle points, then observe the XP awarded at the end of the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? XP is the same as battle points, not the higher XP that is normally awarded to Hero Ships.
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Hero ship progression is already WAY too hard.  With this broken, and you are awarded only a few hundred XP when you need 21,000 XP to level up just one level out of 20 more levels to go, it is a ridiculous progression system.  

I think this is a new problem with Iden Versio, it happened to me yesterday, too, but I seem to think I've had the right XP with her pretty consistently in the past.  

That being said, the devs REALLY need to change the number of XP required to level up a hero ship.  The hero ship progression is 100% out of step with the rest of the game progression.  Even with the weekend's double XP awards, leveling up a hero ship is the WORST grind in the whole game.  

Message 1 of 6 (692 Views)

Champion (Retired)

There are other heros with a significant progression problem now, too.  Darth Vader hero ship, got over 500 battle points, with a number of kills and assists, but only got 80 XP.  How are we supposed to get around 20,000 XP and level up if we only get 80 XP in a game? Did the devs change something with hero ships?  Because this is a new problem, as far as I have experienced, and I've played a lot of SA and played the hero ships a lot.  I don't think it is happening to all heros, but it certainly is happening to some.  I'll try to get some numbers on other hero ships to report if I play again in the next little bit.  

Message 2 of 6 (652 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm glad someone reported this.

Message 3 of 6 (642 Views)

Champion (Retired)

So played a few SA games the past three days, recorded the battle points awarded each time I played a hero, then the XP awarded at the end of the game.  Although I am aware that it is not exactly a linear relationship between XP and Battle points, both are pretty good measures of the amount of kills and objectives met, etc, that a ship accomplishes.  And I am aware that getting double battle points because of teamplay won't translate into double XP.  I also did not use any data points where battle points were returned because spawn campers took me down seconds after spawning in.  

As you can see, the amount of XP awarded to any given ship is wildly variable, when compared to what the ship was accomplishing in the game.  And Iden, when compared to most other ships, is getting considerably less XP for all she accomplishes, and the ratio of XP to accomplishments seems quite inconsistent.  It doesn't really help that there's no breakdown of why we get the particular XP we do (Battlefront 1 had a pretty good end of match breakdown of why you were awarded certain numbers of points, that's been missing in this game). So we don't get what is happening.  

Message 4 of 6 (605 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Just confirming that this was not an anomaly, Iden Versio hero ship consistantly gets less XP than other ships.  Though it is sometimes equal to battle points, it is also sometimes a little more or a little less.  

Message 5 of 6 (571 Views)

Champion (Retired)

This can't be a hard fix...just wiggling the numbers.  Would be nice for this to see a fix soon.  

Message 6 of 6 (509 Views)