Original Post

Accepted Solution

[IMPORTANT] Question Marks on Sims and Scenery

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? The latest version/edition
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Go to work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Red, black, and white patches appear all over sims, and question marks, too. Scenery has big red and purple walls with a big green question mark in the center. Sims in game also appear to be part invisible and shiny.
What happens when the bug occurs? Some features cannot be used, and hair or clothing appears invisible with patches and marks all over the body. Everything else functions normally, just wondering if its just me, or if anyone else has the same problem?
What do you expect to see? My sim shouldn't have patches or question marks on her body, scenery block graphics should return to normal, and interactions should be capable of doing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hello,

I've been having problems on my PC and I can't figure out the problem. My brother had actually discovered the question marks on his sim and all over his house about a month ago. I had just discovered it myself about a day ago and I haven't installed or downloaded any mods or expansion packs recently.

Restarting the computer didn't work, and my game seems to get worse everyday. Yesterday I had vandalism all over my house, and today I can't interact with most things (The refrigerator, bathtub, etc.) and I don't want my sim to die or for the game to bust completely. 

However, some sims in the game don't seem to be effected by the bug at all. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take a screenshot of that.

The scenery appears wherever a household of these people with the patches and question marks all over themselves live. 

I'm also unable to travel anywhere with these markings.

My conclusion was that my sim must be sick, and it's probably contagious. So, I had purchased medicine for my sim to take, wasting hundreds of dollars to find that my sim wasn't sick, and the results were consequential. My sim went drunk, and I couldn't get her to do anything.

Below are two screenshots of the bug. The first screenshot is a selfie of my sim with someone who has been affected, showing patches and markings with a shiny tint. The second if you look in the back round shows some of the block wall graphics.

Please help fix this bug! That would be GREAT!

Message 1 of 2 (2,968 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [IMPORTANT] Question Marks on Sims and Scenery

Community Manager

Hi @edeyo83

I see you've made a couple threads about this same issue recently. They've been merged to the master thread regarding this issue: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Empty-CAS-Question-Marks-Invisible-Sims-...

When you have a chance please try the suggestions that have been made in that thread. If you are still having trouble after that please update the main thread I've linked above. Please do not create duplicate posts about the same issue. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (2,880 Views)

All Replies

Re: [IMPORTANT] Question Marks on Sims and Scenery

Community Manager

Hi @edeyo83

I see you've made a couple threads about this same issue recently. They've been merged to the master thread regarding this issue: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Empty-CAS-Question-Marks-Invisible-Sims-...

When you have a chance please try the suggestions that have been made in that thread. If you are still having trouble after that please update the main thread I've linked above. Please do not create duplicate posts about the same issue. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 2 (2,881 Views)