Re: Sims keep going to swim in the ocean.

by Nekoboy69

Original Post

[IL] Sims keep going to swim in the ocean

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? (EP): All except EL and SE # (GP): V, PH, DO, RoM # (SP): Laundry, Bowling, Paranormal and the one with the Butler.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a family with children living in Sulani. My house is haunted, but that shouldnt make any difference. One of the build traits used is the sulani spirit one.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will change into swimwear and run to the water and stay in water until they get a task to do. Especially children do this. They will do this no matter what season it is. And will do it as soon as they have nothing to do. Cancelling wont help. Clicking "go home" will make them come home and then run to swim again. They dont care about their needs either
What do you expect to see? My sims to stay at the lot, taking care of their needs and not go swimming all the time. Especially when its cold.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 11 (1,376 Views)

Hero
@Nekoboy69 Did you test this without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,354 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Not yet, but I dont use any mod that would cause it as far as I know.
Message 3 of 11 (1,296 Views)

Hero
@Nekoboy69 Please still test on a vanilla game. All bugs in the bug forum must be tested on vanilla.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (1,274 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Maybe the issue has to do with the scare behaviour. Sims running like chickens if there too scared. So, the sims start running and the AI is *stupid* and goes swimming (because is the best route for the sim in this scenario)

I just would say do not play a haunted house nearby ocean. (Admiral’s Wreckage, Journeys End or Tangled Flat should work)

Message 5 of 11 (1,256 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@daikoyuThey are not scared when it occurs. I even cheated so I could get them the brave trait as well as having lit candles in every room and outside the house. The children doesnt even "go home" after school. They go to swim and even do their homework at the beach. If I click "go home", they go to lot and directly runs to swim again.

Btw, they live in the lot called Tangled Flat, I just made it a Haunted lot bc I wanted to make a gameplay involving Guidry and his crazy ex from the Paranormal pack, but the sim I started it with on the lot had one of the Sulani traits, so I thought, why not, as I rarely play that world anyway. 

I am planning on playing without mods either tonight or sometime this week. I will update about how it went after.

Message 6 of 11 (1,210 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I'm planning on playing without mods either tonight or sometime this week. I'll let you know how it went.
Message 7 of 11 (1,209 Views)

Hero
@Nekoboy69 Did you have any time testing this with no mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,151 Views)

★ Guide

Yes I did. And it happened anyway. But only with the children. If I removed the Haunted lot type, they went with the "normal" hanging outside at the jungle gym or what its called or they sit at the computer. So it must be a bug with the haunted lot. 

Message 9 of 11 (1,131 Views)

Hero
@Nekoboy69 Are they scared when they do it ? Any current hauntings going on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (1,123 Views)