by Sketch793

Original Post

[IL] Poke Bowl has different cost depending on how it's initiated

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All (BTDK disabled currently)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On an off-the-grid lot, have a fish in inventory or in a fridge. Check out the price of the Poke Bowl when you click "Cook off-the-grid" from the stove, and then compare it to the price when you click the "Cook" option from the fridge.
What happens when the bug occurs? The prices are different. The stove shows me §10 across the board and the fridge shows me a discount for single and family size for having a fish.
What do you expect to see? The same price on both
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Cottage Living, either with the expansion itself or the corresponding patch (unsure which).

Before the release of CoL, the poke bowl (base game recipe) required a fish but was §0 to make. Starting with either the patch corresponding with the Cottage Living expansion or the pack itself, the poke bowl was no longer free (I assume to accommodate the Simple Living challenge, which added mayo as an ingredient for when the challenge is active). I noticed the change shortly after the expansion and assumed it was intended. I was disappointed, but whatever. That's not what this bug is about, it's just the background.

The issue is that on an off-the-grid lot (without the simple living challenge), the cost of the poke bowl is different depending on how it's initiated. It still requires there to already be a fish available regardless.

This is how it looks when I initiate from the "Cook off-the-grid" option on the stove:

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 10.22.15 PM.png

And this is the same lot, using the "Cook" option from the fridge:

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 10.22.39 PM.png

(It's not giving me a requirement for the remaining §5 on this screen if I mouse over, by the way.)

I don't know which of these is correct. I hope it's the fridge option.

I did double-check the option in a on-the-grid lot, and the "Cook" menu from the fridge is the same on that lot. (Poke bowl doesn't show up at all in the on-the-grid "cook" menu on the stove because it doesn't require cooking, I guess?)

(No mods or CC have been installed for the lifetime of this save).

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 4 (1,059 Views)

Re: [IL] Poke Bowl has different cost depending on how it's initiated

★★★★★ Pro

It looks like the Cook Off-The-Grid menu isn't using fresh ingredients, so the fish isn't required and doesn't reduce the price. You should check whether the fish gets consumed if you cook off-the-grid.

The Cook menu, on the other hand, has Use Fresh Ingredients checked, so the fish does reduce the price, which explains it being cheaper than off-the-grid. Of course, it's really more expensive after you add in the value of most fish.

Message 2 of 4 (996 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Thanks for the suggestion. 

When I make the poke bowl from the off-the-grid menu, it does consume the fish but it does not charge me the §10 that it says it's going to. I also checked another OTG household (one that's better-established and actually had ingredients on hand for some of the other recipes) and this same issue with the menu is appearing for everything:

Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 12.43.39 PM.png

So it looks like the issue here is that the OTG menu IS using fresh ingredients, and IS giving me an appropriate cooking discount for them, but it is NOT displaying the price correctly in the menu.

It is also not just the poke bowl, it's everything. I was only focused on the poke bowl because that's the only non-OTG-specific recipe that particular Sim had both ingredients and cooking level for.

Message 3 of 4 (974 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Glad I could help.

Message 4 of 4 (961 Views)