by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

[IL] Missing Swatches for Lifeguard Outfit

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Digital Deluxe, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat and My First Pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim in the Lifeguard career (Island Living) and get them promoted.
What happens when the bug occurs? Only one swatch is unlocked for the lifeguard outfits.
What do you expect to see? All the swatches unlocked.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I don't know how many swatches there are in total, but the only ones unlocking for me are the red ones. I've tried in two save files, a new one and an old one, with the same result, only the red swatch is unlocked.

LifeguardSwatchMaleRed.pngLifeguardSwatchFemaleRed.png

LifeguardSwatchMaleRed2.pngLifeguardSwatchFemaleRed2.png

But I know that there exists at least a purple one for females and a red and yellow one for females. The purple one I found on this page: https://fogity.wordpress.com/resources/unlocked-cas-part-list/part-time-career-cas-parts/. Observe that it's not CC, it exists in the game files according to that site. The red and yellow one is worn by Ka'uhane Oania in the household Making a Splash by Maxis, which can be found in the gallery.

LifeguardSwatchFemalePurple.png

LifeguardSwatchFemaleYellow.png

Ka'uhane Oania as she appears when you download her from the gallery. The swimsuit isn't unlocked in that household, and even if I unlock it in that household the swatch Ka'uhane is wearing isn't unlocked, only the red swatch is unlocked.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 5 (1,442 Views)

Re: Missing Swatches for Lifeguard Outfit

★★★★★ Guide

@SqueamishNerd You are quite correct.

I'm still running an older version of the game as I just can't be bothered with all the new bugs that have been introduced as of late that often render the game entirely unplayable. I've checked and there are 3 different lifeguard swatches for each male and female sims available to me: Red, yellow and purple.

Simply another reason, a small one I admit, for me not to update any time soon until EA gets their act together and fixes at least the majority of the currently more than 1,200 reported and outstanding bugs/glitches in the Sims 4.

Message 2 of 5 (1,421 Views)

Re: Missing Swatches for Lifeguard Outfit

★★★★ Pro
@DMDragonCT How did you unlock all swatches? Did all of them unlock in the Lifeguard career for you?
Message 3 of 5 (1,412 Views)

Re: [IL] Missing Swatches for Lifeguard Outfit

★ Guide

I wish someone looked into this. It's probably just a small tagging issue.

Message 4 of 5 (1,165 Views)

Re: [IL] Missing Swatches for Lifeguard Outfit

★★★★ Guide

I only have the red swatch too. Otjers are still locked.

Why EA do not fox this small issue? 

This is annoying. EA Don't care about the small bugs 🙄

Message 5 of 5 (757 Views)