by weepingdelilah

Original Post

[IL] Mermaid form does not stay unlinked and links to swims wear top and eyes

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most current (July 26 2022)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game digital deluxe. Packs: Island living, Pets
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Everytime I make a mermaid occult sim, I unlink them so that in mermaid form, the eyes are pure black. Within regular gameplay, somehow they link again and the eyes are normal and uses swimwear top.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing major, does not affect gameplay. Just annoying as I like the have a mermaid version of the sim. Not swimwear linked.
What do you expect to see? When creating an occult mermaid sim, I prefer the mermaid has the mermaid eye options and the scales to match the tail. Somehow during regular gameplay, the mermaid occult sim outfit links to swimswear outfit, therefore losing the occult mermaid eyes and top.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Not sure what patch but even after today's (7/26/2022) update, the issue still occurs.

When creating an occult mermaid sim, I prefer the mermaid has the mermaid eye options and the scale top to match the tail. Somehow during regular gameplay, the mermaid occult sim outfit links to swimswear outfit, therefore losing the occult mermaid eyes and top. It is not affecting gameplay, but is annoying. I go into cas.fulleditmode to fix but it always undoes itself. Even after today's update (7/26/2022) it still does this. Does anyone else have this issue?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 13 (2,092 Views)

Re: Mermaid form does not stay linked and links to swimswear top and eyes

Hero
@weepingdelilah I'm having troubles understanding what you mean. Could you maybe add some pictures ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (2,067 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I think they mean that the mermaid form uses the set-up of the swimwear like tops and eyes in game, even though the mermaid form is unlinked from the sim form in CAS and was selected with different clothes etc.
Message 3 of 13 (2,061 Views)

Hero
@WingedSnek the swim wear category ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (2,055 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Yeah, when you first create a mermaid in CAS the upper half of their mermaid form is based on the clothing your sim would wear while taking a swim as human, unless you unlink it.
Message 5 of 13 (2,039 Views)

Hero
@WingedSnek Do you also have this issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (2,022 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Fortunately not. So far I have been able to always unlink the mermaid form from the sims form and edit it as I like.
Message 7 of 13 (2,015 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So when creating the sim. She is wearing the mermaid scales top and has black eyes. Somehow during gameplay, her upperhalf reverts to swimwear (wearing jewelery, swimswear top, and her eyes revert back to normal human eyes).

Message 8 of 13 (1,995 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I always unlink it, and when I go back into cas.fulleditmode, I unlink it, change it back to original version, but somehow it links again. Not sure how to prevent this problem. It happens to all of my household sims.

Message 9 of 13 (1,992 Views)

★ Guide
@weepingdelilah Did you try editing/unlinking the mermaid form via the household manager in the manage worlds menu or a mirror/dresser in game instead already? I currently have a mermaid I am playing with and she works fine. However, I have to admit that I created the sim before the patch and only saved a new version of her household after adding sexual orientations and body hair to the sims, so I don't know whether this counts as created after the patch.
Message 10 of 13 (1,959 Views)