by crinrict

Original Post

[IL] Mermaid Sims have routing issues after sleeping in water

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Vampires, Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have Mermaid Sim sleep in water. I tested this at Key Point, Sulani. 2. Attempt something like breaking open a Lava Rock after an Volcanic Eruption Event.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Mermaid Sim will have routing issues, they will move towards the object but not be able to interact with it. With certain furniture, the interaction will still work, however will require more space to interact with it than other sims or than Mermaids which haven't yet slept in the water since the lot was loaded.
What do you expect to see? The Mermaid Sim is able to interact with these things. Reloading the game does fix it, it seems to be correlated to mermaids sleeping in water.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've looked around on this before and it seemed a similar bug existed, however this one is reliably triggered by Mermaid Sims sleeping in the water and then attempting to interact with things. I've tested letting a regular Sim backfloat and then interact with something and they do not seem to suffer from the same issue. Seems like sleeping in water does something to the interaction range for Mermaids.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 6 (1,011 Views)

Re: Mermaid Sims have routing issues after sleeping in water

[ Edited ]
Champion

Is that what was happening? When I tried the free demo my mermaid kept losing the ability to interact with the magma bombs or trash or plants. It wasn’t an issue before she became a mermaid, and I could fix it by deleting the cache file, but she’d only have the ability to interact with stuff for around a Sim day before the problem would return… and I did have her sleeping in the ocean.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 2 of 6 (971 Views)

Hero
@Sateract Does this happen on other lots with other items ?

There was this issue for lava rocks that was fixed: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-IL-Routing-Issues-on-Mua-Pel-am-volcanic-rocks-trash-pil... .. maybe it's still an issue for mermaids.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (952 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrictThanks for the reply! I saw that a similar issue for this was already posted, and as mentioned backfloating with a non-mermaid Sim does not show the same characteristics. My personal interpretation is that this bug might have been fixed for normal Sims but still exists for the mermaid specific "Sleep In Water" interaction.

Comparing the tunings of both interactions shows that backfloating in water has some different values than the mermaid "Sleep In Water" interaction, such as the "waypoint_override_agent_radius" for backfloating is 0.45 while for mermaid's sleep it is set to 0.5, and that backfloating is set to clear it's locomotion mask while that line of code is absent for the mermaid sleep. Putting those into the mermaid sleep interaction tuning via a script mod does make mermaids able to interact with lava rocks after sleeping in the ocean, but I will not pretend that this is all there is to it, just my personal observations to provide some pointers of where the bug might be. Whether these are helpful or not is not my place to say, I just hope they are. :P

As for it happening on other lots, to clarify I removed all mods and cleared my caches, then went to Newcrest and had a mermaid sleep in the pool and interact with things. Tho before, while the bug was active, I remember mermaids having some routing issues with toilets, after testing in regards to that, they were able to use it no matter which composition of furniture or walls I placed around the toilet.

Thus as of now I can only say that I am able to reliably replicate the bug with lava rocks. It is not restricted to the Key Point lot in Sulani, but at least as far as I have tested I wasn't able to find any other objects affected by the issue at hand.

Message 4 of 6 (923 Views)

Hero
@Sateract Thank you.

Guess it could be related but since the other issue was fixed anyways an new thread is the best course of action.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (892 Views)

★ Guide
@PipMenace I have the exact same issue. Also tried deleting the cache file with the same result.
Message 6 of 6 (706 Views)