by tomtomvader298

Original Post

[OPEN] [IL] Kava Bowl Crashes Game

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ==Expansions== Cats and Dogs City Living Discover University Eco Lifestyle Get Famous Get To Work Get Together Island Living Seasons Snowy Escape ============ ==Game Packs== Outdoor Retreat Parenthood Batuu Vampires ============ ==Stuff Packs== Luxury Party Stuff Spooky Stuff Tiny Living =============
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Island Living=== Place Kava bowl Go into live mode Click and drag ===Game fatally crashes===
What happens when the bug occurs? The game will go white then crash
What do you expect to see? It to move where I drag it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So when I was doing Kava event for boosting my sims fun I moved one of the lava bowls to the counter with the other one and it caused i it to crash multiple times 

it was annoying and I hope it can be fixed 

I will upload a clip when I can find this on my Browser
{EDIT: Evidence https://youtu.be/lWuxvNmk600}

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 4 of 14 (1,374 Views)

Kava juice bowl crashed game

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I had a weird issue [in Sims4] where, I was adding on to a created house I had been working on. And while placing the Kava juice bowl (from Sulani isle expansion), and hovered it over the counter, specifically I placed the tea machine in front of the counter and tried moving the kava bowl to the back and while I was in the process of doing this it completely crashed my game. I don't often get many crashes, especially not immediate ones, but yes it crashed it, or so I will assume because that is the item I was interacting with when it happened. Normally, it wouldn't annoy me but I lost some of the work I had done, I at least saved the main outline, but I had it looking pretty good when the crash happened, so yeah more than a little annoyed that I lost the data I had. I'm normally a save freak, but sometimes when I get in a zone I might not save as often (which yeah, should have saved it, but normally these things don't happen). According to other posts I've read, there are other issues with the kava bowl, so it might be worth looking into fixing that at some point if that's what caused my crash. So, just letting other simmers know to be careful when placing said item and you know actually save it before placing or using it, just to be on the safe side. Thanks, and hope this will help someone else avoid this pitfall. I wasn't able to get a screenshot, as it crashed it immediately, but fairly sure that's what caused it.

Message 1 of 14 (1,425 Views)

Re: Kava juice bowl crashed game

★ Apprentice
@sailornaru Thank you for telling everybody, i hate when i lose progress on houses/lots! Hope you have an amazing day <3

I do NOT work for EA
Message 2 of 14 (1,385 Views)

Re: Kava juice bowl crashed game

Hero
@sailornaru Can you duplicate the crash if you try again ?

Do you have a lastCrash.txt file ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 14 (1,383 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Island Living - Kava Bowl Crashes Game

[ Edited ]
Hero

@tomtomvader298 Merging this with the existing thread.

Do you have any lastCrash files ?

Does it only crash during the event or generally for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (1,344 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict crashes everytime i move them near eachother
Message 6 of 14 (1,320 Views)

Hero
@tomtomvader298 Do you have any lastCrash files ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (1,314 Views)

★ Apprentice

i got this trying to upload my txt

"Correct the highlighted errors and try again. 

• The attachment's lastcrash.txt content type (text/plain) does not match its file extension and has been removed."

heres the info ina temp link https://ufile.io/pcez5of3

Message 8 of 14 (1,307 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the info.

I'm re-uploading your crash file as rar file as info for the devs in case the link is no longer valid

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 9 of 14 (1,280 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict oki, link does have 28days left of activeness if not seen by the expiry
Message 10 of 14 (1,262 Views)