by ambopolis

Original Post

[IL] Green Rebate Global Policy no longer enacted, but Sims still losing power

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Paranormal, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Tiny Living, Jungle Adventure, Laundry Day, Parenthood, Fitness Stuff, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff, Romantic Garden, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Cool Kitchen, Holiday Celebration, Moschino Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim join the Conservation Career, Environmental Manager branch. My Sim is Chief Sustainability Officer. Consult on the Green Energy Rebate global policy until it is enacted. Play another family in a different lot. Go back to the Conservationist Sim and repeal the Green Energy Rebate global policy. Go back to the other family in a different lot and see if they are still have energy shortages during 8-10pm peak hours.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Chief Sustainability Officer (CSO) sim enacted the Green Rebate global policy. I realized it made my Sims in other neighborhoods lose their power from 8-10pm every day. I did not understand the purpose of the policy when I enacted it and decided that I did not want this policy now that I understood the consequences. I had my CSO Sim repeal the global policy. However, my other Sims are still experiencing power outages from 8-10pm. Electronics have grayed-out options and when I hover over them, it says, "An energy shortage occurred during peak hours due to the Green Rebate policy." My CSO Sim does not lose power because he has enough saved up.
What do you expect to see? I would expect that my Sims would not lose power, because the global policy has been repealed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

• I repaired my game.
  • I had my Chief Sustainability Officer Sim move out of his house and into a new one. Then I had him move back into his original home. Nothing changed.
  • I had my Chief Sustainability Officer Sim quit his job. Nothing changed. I then had him rejoin his job. I clicked on, "Consult on a global policy" to see what the options were, and all options were available, meaning the Green Energy Rebate policy was indeed not enacted.
  • I do not have any other Sims in the Conservation career and never had. He is the first and only.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 7 (743 Views)

Re: [IL] Green Rebate Global Policy no longer enacted, but Sims still losing pow

★ Apprentice

Is anyone able to help???

Message 2 of 7 (667 Views)

Re: [IL] Green Rebate Global Policy no longer enacted, but Sims still losing pow

Hero
@ambopolis It's probably not much anyone can do here. That's why I ask you to make a thread in the bug forum so EA can take a look and fix it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (650 Views)

★ Apprentice

I thought this IS the bug forum. This is the new post I made. I'm confused. 

Message 4 of 7 (641 Views)

Hero
@ambopolis It is. You made the post in the right spot but you asked for further help. Just saying there probably isn't any.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (614 Views)

★ Apprentice

So people from EA who can help fix issues don't comment on this forum? I don't know how this works. I just have to deal with my Sims not being able to use any electronics for two hours every day?

Message 6 of 7 (609 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ambopolis Nope, only if they need info.

Here's some explanations on the bug forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/td-p/7368632/jump-to/firs...

I basically asked you to post here cause I don't think there's not much you can do but maybe someone does have a workaround that can help so just subscribe to this thread and you'll get an email whenever someone answers. :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (600 Views)