Original Post

IG-100 Magna Guard Bonus Turn

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone 8 plus
OS Version 12.1.4
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug When IG-100 takes fatal damage from a counter attack, he goes through the animation of taking a bonus turn and dies without actually getting to attack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have been testing out GG teams bs revan in arena, just ran about 20 battles. Everyone had retribution from GK, and 3 people had foresight. Based on how the fight was going, my best move was to clear the 3 foresight with magna, take his bonus turn to stun gmy, and then clear retribution with B2. What happened instead was revan and jolee counter attacked and I did not get a bonus turn with Magna, he just died as described above.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

Message 1 of 7 (667 Views)

Re: 1G-100 Magna Guard Bonus Turn

★★★★★ Novice
Going to retest this later today
Message 2 of 7 (620 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

tested this again. He just dies and doesn’t get a bonus turn unless I’m not understanding the ability.

Im sure this is WAI, but I also noticed that if he is damaged to 1 hp with an ability that stuns, he takes the bonus turn and dies (because he is stunned for the bonus turn).

Message 3 of 7 (596 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It just dawned on me that perhaps the issue is he gets reduced to 1 hp by the first counter attack, gets his “bonus” turn, and then is hit by the second counter attack before he gets to use the “bonus” turn and just dies.

strangley, that didn’t seem to be an issue when he was attacked by GK assist ability.

Message 4 of 7 (594 Views)

I was able to catch similar behavior on screen capture. This was recorded on Light Side Hard 8-D. 

@CG_MindTricks @EA_HighCommand 

https://youtu.be/06SJPbXWXxk

★★★★★ Novice

Right so that scenario might be working as intended because it doesn’t say he cleanses himself and takes the bonus turn (even tho it doesn’t make sense to give a bonus turn without that due to all the debuffs in the game). 

But in that clip, let’s say he resisted the stun, I think he would’ve taken the bonus. 

In my scenario, he was hit with 2 counter attacks and never got to use his bonus turn. I know that’s kind of nuanced and very particular situation, but given all the counter attacks in game I think it could make a very big difference in the success of the squad. 

If the bug stays in place I can’t choose to purposefully proc the bonus turn and “trade” deaths with an important enemy (like Jolee or GMY).

For what it’s worth, I asked the only other person I know who runs GG consistently and he also noticed there were issues with the bonus turn. 

Message 6 of 7 (553 Views)

Thanks for the feedback! I thought I’d found an easier way for them to test it, but I gues not.

My theory now is that the bonus turn trigger happens, but a flag is applied so he can’t die “until the end of ig100s turn.” If it was already his turn (and lethal dmg comes from a counter), then that flag would expire at end of his turn, before he takes the bonus turn. I assume the logic wasn’t built in to verify that ig100 can’t die until he takes a “beginning of turn followed by an end of turn.