I think I have a bugged ghost

by therokrchik

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I think I have a bugged ghost

★ Novice

Hello!

I've been working on a family that had the Landgraabs move in, they have all since passed on now. After letting their ghosts wander the house and break every bathroom and kitchen item possible, I released the spirits to the Netherworld. Unfortunately, Malcolm's spirit didn't seem to "release" and he is in the house full-time and now I cannot get rid of him. Releasing his spirit is no longer an option. I've had the entire family reestablish friendships with him, but the "invite ghost to move in" option is not showing itself. I moved his grave, put it in inventory and eventually destroyed it. Still, Malcolm will not go away. Since I cannot control him, not sure if cooking up some Ambrosia and hoping he eats it is wise. Gah! Any advice? Appreciate it!

Kerry

Message 1 of 5 (224 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I think I have a bugged ghost

★ Novice

Just to close this out - I fixed this with "testingcheats on" and adding Malcolm to family. Now I can at least control him. 

Kerry

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (231 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Did you try switching active families and back to see if he goes away then ? Maybe move your family out, bulldoze the lot and rebuild the house ? (You can save the house to the library first)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (222 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for those suggestions Crin, neither one worked however, Malcolm is still in the house 24/7, uncontrollable (in more ways than one!), and still unable to at least add to household.  

Thanks,

Kerry

Message 3 of 5 (220 Views)

★ Novice

Just to close this out - I fixed this with "testingcheats on" and adding Malcolm to family. Now I can at least control him. 

Kerry

Message 4 of 5 (232 Views)

Hero

Can you not move him out and then delete him now ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (212 Views)