Original Post

Accepted Solution

I lost all my apex skins after linking to a new EA account

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? CosmicK3rmit
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. N/A
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? N/A
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? N/A
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. The Lobby, Legends, and Loadout tabs
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I had just linked my xbox account to my EA account
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? N/A
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 2/20/21 4:59 EST
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I lose all my skins
What should be happening instead? I'm not entirely sure, I thought i would be able to play on my xbox account through my PC account.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I linked my EA account to my XBOX account, so maybe linking accounts causes it

Hi everyone, I linked my Xbox account to my new EA account, as I didn't use the older EA account anymore. Originally my xbox account was linked to the old one, and it was linked while I played Apex. I got to level 97, and had a bunch of event exclusive skins. I unlink my xbox account to the old ea, and relink to the new one, and all my skins are gone, I was refunded for the legends with the gold coin currency  (i bought the legends again right after) but when I rebought the legends, none of their skins had been kept. I was told this is a bug and to report it by EA's customer support team. 

Message 1 of 19 (6,208 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I lost all my apex skins after linking to a new EA account

Champion (Retired)

@CooIThulu 

Maybe you can unlink it in 6 months i haven't tried it but if you link it back to your old EA account you might get everything back.
At least that's what i understand. 

Now I don't know if you should keep playing for 6 months because you might lose any new items again if you link it back to your old EA account.

IMG_20210221_225950.jpgIMG_20210221_230224.jpg

View in thread

Message 2 of 19 (6,196 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@CooIThulu 

Maybe you can unlink it in 6 months i haven't tried it but if you link it back to your old EA account you might get everything back.
At least that's what i understand. 

Now I don't know if you should keep playing for 6 months because you might lose any new items again if you link it back to your old EA account.

IMG_20210221_225950.jpgIMG_20210221_230224.jpg

Message 2 of 19 (6,197 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I lost my heirloom and all my gun skins legends and their skin my battle passes and idk what to do  

Message 3 of 19 (5,259 Views)

EA DICE Team
Unlink account removes all data. Need to link it back @Faze_j123ex123

/Atic
Message 4 of 19 (5,232 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So The same thing happened to me but it says it will wipe everything but im still lvl 239 and I still have all of my badges on all of my locked legends there has to be a fix for this linking accounts shouldn't do this at all why is this linked to our ea accounts and not our game platform accounts it makes no sense that we half to start all over because we switched our email ea accounts. I had a lot of skins and currency but all of that is gone because its all linked to our ea email accounts like really thats just asking for trouble. People that put in insane hours in this game just to have it taken away because they don't use a old email that they don't use. Link out stuff to our game platform account and not our emails.

Message 5 of 19 (5,153 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do I relink my account?? This is beyond messed up considering I have put over 500 dollars into this game

Message 6 of 19 (4,792 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Atic I need help too..
Message 7 of 19 (4,590 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I just contacted an advisor about the same thing, I was told that EVERYTHING on the old account has been gone, so it seems there is no point in linking back to the old account it was linked on in the first place, as everything you had on there has been lost. 

It's just what I was told by the advisor I contacted, in my case it was an xbox account that was unlinked from an other ea account to another one, but she told me everything on the old account is gone.

Can someone tell me if this is true or that she maybe didn't know about this?

Message 8 of 19 (4,486 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I lost all my legendary skins and all my gun skins my battle pass and 2 heirlooms but I relinked my ea to my ps4 account and that’s when I post everything 

Message 9 of 19 (4,032 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this bug just happened to me. I had every battle pass item, every heirloom except for wraith and Mirage. anything i can do to fix it? Please help.

Message 10 of 19 (3,399 Views)