I lost a tie in GAC with higher GP than my opponent

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? LG
OS Version Android 8.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 596438445
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug I lost a tie in GAC final round with higher GP than my opponent.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It's already been reported
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country USA

I have higher GP, both total and character, than my opponent, and it's impossible he had higher GP than me one week ago.

Tie score.png
My GP.png
My opponent's GP.png
Message 1 of 5 (486 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I lost a tie in GAC with higher GP than my opponent

EA Live QV Team

Hi @PlanetOfRedDevil,

In case of a Tie in the Grand Arena Championship, the player with the higher viable GP gets the win. There is currently an issue where the viable GP wasn't calculated correctly. The official announcement about can be found HERE.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (445 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @PlanetOfRedDevil,

In case of a Tie in the Grand Arena Championship, the player with the higher viable GP gets the win. There is currently an issue where the viable GP wasn't calculated correctly. The official announcement about can be found HERE.

Message 2 of 5 (446 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@PlanetOfRedDevil same thing happened to me. Pitty that they have known about this for over a month and not fixed it yet!
Message 3 of 5 (382 Views)
Highlighted

@OnePunchEbbs It was fixed less than a week later.
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/208226/server-update-07-03-2019
It's a common misconception that it's not working properly just because players can't see the viable GP, so they assume the game bugged. There should be clarifying communications later this week.

★★★★ Novice

You are right about the viable GP. It is something I only really got to know today (thanks to my guild) after posting on here earlier. I’ll admit that I was not as informed as I could have been.

That being said, the current system does not convey the true values behind the decision-making of who wins a tie and it is understandable that this user-unfriendliness will lead to this kind of confusion.

No one will go tally their opponent’s Top 40 toons’ viable GP to compare against their own for the sake of seeing whether there is a bug in the system or not.

CG could easily improve the transparency of the results by showing the viable GP of an opponent under the username of said opponent as seen before entering the arena. Or something to that effect.

Message 5 of 5 (359 Views)