I hate roofing too!

by Manachinov

Original Post

I hate roofing too!

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1520
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Toddler, Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Only available in the build mode
What happens when the bug occurs? When I build a half roof or a roof.
What do you expect to see? Cosmetic appearance
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So the issue is pretty clear on the forum when it comes to roofs. When building a roof on a top level bringing the roof down to the lower lever will create an appearance that the roof is inside the house. I figured out that bringing the roof to a lower level will bring the roof inside the house. But, building a roof on a lower level does not affect the appearance on any level above which you are placing the roof. 

Important! You can't bring the roof tiles up. The roof tiles can only move to the lower tile threshold. I tested this by basically building a roof on the ground. But, I can't bring the roof higher with the move tool. This is really important for occasions when there are no ceilings in some areas. I understand that making a room with no ceiling creates a lower level room on the higher parts of the house. So the roof tiles are bugged to not trim inside appearance even if it is applied. Because it thinks it's supposed to cover the entire area.

The solution as I described seems to be a good enough compromise for me. Move the lower level roofs up. But, that's not possible.

Message 1 of 12 (887 Views)

Re: I hate roofing too!

Hero
@Manachinov Could you maybe add some screenshot and explain a bit more what you mean ?

> ¨You can't bring the roof tiles up.

What do you mean by this ?

My lower level do you mean the floor below or walls down ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (825 Views)

Hero
@Manachinov Could you give some more details ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 12 (766 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I apologize for taking so long to reply!

I have attached 3 screenshots that I hope will help you understand the problem.

Just from the design problem I was going for I can provide a written example.

In screenshot 1 the extension of the roof is inside the room because of the half wall. I also discovered that it will prevent any window door and archway passages.

In screenshot 2 the extension on the first floor that will not extend into the house or the rooms. as expected.

In screenshot 3 the extension on the second floor will not extend into the house, but will make the eves stick out a little.

With this I was able to get some better logical results for building more advanced and complicated houses. The problem is still obvious. No matter what I do I can't move the roofs. They can only go to the lower house levels. I even tried the How can you move objects anywhere you want?
In build mode you may want to place objects (like furniture or windows) in places that the grid
won’t allow. To do this activate the cheat console, type in “bb.moveobjects on”, and select the
object you’d like to place and you’ll find that you can put it anywhere inside your lot.

Message 4 of 12 (737 Views)

@Manachinov

Could you upload that build to the gallery so I can download and test it?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 12 (694 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora I have no idea what you are talking about. This works with every roof. This just sounds like a comment for attention. And I quote. Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1520
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Toddler, Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Only available in the build mode
What happens when the bug occurs? When I build a half roof or a roof.
What do you expect to see? Cosmetic appearance
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure
Why do you think I take the time to fill this out.
Message 6 of 12 (652 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Sorry. I just noticed you didn't get tagged in a reply. I attached new screenshots just like you asked.
Message 7 of 12 (651 Views)

@Manachinov 

Yep, I CRAVE attention, you caught me Tongue out

In the current version of the game you can upload your lots to the Gallery. Users regularly do this when posting about potential build bugs to help others troubleshoot with them and ascertain whether it is indeed a bug or by design. Sometimes EA QA folks get involved too so providing screenshots, builds and any other info is very helpful.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 8 of 12 (605 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora Well you can check in my gallery for the Lot types that I shared. This one certainly has this design. https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/60392D368A2611EA8C5E1F067F591854
It's just that it's not the closest example of the screenshots. But, it's in the subject where I discovered this problem and had to make the house the way it is now.
Message 9 of 12 (556 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora Since the game separates houses by rooms, if you were to add, place or convert any walls to half walls the game will assume you are making that room outside even if that half wall is in the middle of the house. I realized just now how that works. I basically turn my room into a balcony by placing half walls. That's why the roofs are in the way of the second floor.
Message 10 of 12 (552 Views)