I cant sprint properly or continuosly

★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Amd rx 460
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8 gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Darksats123
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Everywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. sprinting
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Everytime i played the game
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I cant sprint continuosly the player runs 3 second and then walks for a second and sprint for 3 seconds and then walks for a second repeat
What should be happening instead? sprint properly
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i dont know

I cant sprint properly or continuosly pls help I cant sprint continuosly the player runs 3 second and then walks for a second and sprint for 3 seconds and then walks for a second repeat.changing buttons do not help as its not problem with my keyboard as i set sprint button to mouse right button.pls help

Message 1 of 37 (25,515 Views)

Sprint issue

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? skk2405
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. not about my teammates
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? all of them
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? not about my teammates
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. everywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. something about the controls
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? all of them
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) evertime i play
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I have this issue where i want to spint but everytime i hit the r3 it will toggle for 1 second and then cut out. I need to do this around 2-3 times before it keeps sprinting, and after not sprinting it pretty much restarts the issue. The issue dosen't seem to be because of my controller, since in other games it works just fine. Could be that the controls in Apex are more sensitiv to small movements and a small change would therefore register as not wanting to sprint.
What should be happening instead? I feel an option in settings to have it "always run" when moving the stick to the edge or have a "flick twice" option so when you quickly flick the r3 upwards it will go into a run could fix this issue nicely.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It's not something that seems to affect a large group of people .It just happens when ever i want to sprint

Nothing to attach. everything, aswell as a potential fix is stated in the report

Message 2 of 37 (25,483 Views)

Re: I cant sprint properly or continuosly

Community Manager

Are you still having trouble sprinting, @darksats123?

• Right-click on the game in Origin and select "Repair."
  • Check to make sure your hardware has the latest drivers installed. Click HERE
  • Unplug and re-insert your keyboard and mouse
  • Reset your key bindings back to default
Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 37 (25,433 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just tried all of these and its somehow gotten worse...

Its as if my shift and w keys are sticking or pushing randomly. (My first thought. Tried with a different keyboard and the problem is still there)

Trying to run is near impossible some days.

Ive tried even adding in the config file that makes sure youre always sprinting and that changed the issue from getting "kicked out of sprinting and just walking instead" to "Randomly stopping"

COuld it be a latency issue?

Message 4 of 37 (25,416 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

I thought my Sprint key was acting strange but lately it's as the game stops registering it, Keyboard is fine etc It's probably that Easy Anti Cheat interfering at some level it's certainly not detecting cheaters and it's not kicking the aimbot and wallhackers\ESP.

Message 5 of 37 (25,412 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Exact same thing happening to me but on the xbox1s. Game was working perfectly fine after I got it two days ago but suddenly today when I played this happens and I cant do anything. It pushes me back and stops my running sometimes it changes where my character is and I end up running straight into walls. Its constant and annoying. Cant find a solution anywhere...
Message 6 of 37 (25,258 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing happens on ps4

Message 7 of 37 (25,239 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I second this problem. Sprint keeps stopping and starting. Makes the game unplayable. PS4

Message 8 of 37 (24,735 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This happens to me too, but only when I try to turn right when sprinting.

Message 9 of 37 (24,107 Views)

Re: Sprint issue

★★★★★ Apprentice

Happens to me too, but only when I try to turn right while sprinting.

Message 10 of 37 (24,107 Views)