Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PS/XB] Controls still visible with overlay turned off

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except cottage living; spa day, vampires, strangerville, realm of magic, journey to batuu, dream home decorator; perfect patio, cool kitchen, kids room, vintage glamour, fitness, toddler, laundry day, my first pet, moschino, tiny living, nifty knitting, paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You’ll see the controls over my sim in the bottom left corner and near where the weather is displayed.
What happens when the bug occurs? Controls are still displayed even though I have the legend and the overlay turned off in my settings.
What do you expect to see? Them gone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. These appeared after I updated the game yesterday.

Please fix this.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, added base game version

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Merged Posts, adjusted tag.

Message 5 of 24 (1,093 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PS/XB] Controls still visible with overlay turned off

Hero

Turning off the console legend option in the game options menu will now properly hide controller hints from time control and Sim selectors.

Fixed in Patch 1.84.171/1.52

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 24 of 24 (962 Views)

All Replies

[XB/PS] I can’t turn off the control help

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them expect cottage living because it’s not out out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you go into the game and are in live mode by the game speed and by the household members there are controls
What happens when the bug occurs? Whene I play my game there are controls and I have everything turned off as it should be
What do you expect to see? There being no controls buttons unless it is in
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The July 2021 patch update

Photo down below

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 24 (1,116 Views)

LT RT LB RB showing on screen. Xbox One

★★★★★ Novice

In the new update . The (LTRTRBLB)controls at the bottom near the sims household and the play pause buttons . How do you remove them? It's very annoying (to me) that it's there, it makes me feel like a newbie... Thankyou . 

Message 2 of 24 (1,281 Views)

Re: LT RT LB RB showing on screen. Xbox One

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Doriiettehappens on ps4 too I know its so annoying its not like we don't know how to change sims 

Message 3 of 24 (1,262 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ikr , I hope they fix it . I was in settings for a while trying to get it off there's no setting for it . 😑

Message 4 of 24 (1,241 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yeah me too i tweeted @SimGuruNick but as usual no response  

Message 6 of 24 (1,236 Views)

★ Guide

I also find it quite distracting. Some newer players may find it useful, but there should be an option to hide it. 

Here is an image of the issue of it helps:

IMG_20210721_104700~2.jpg

Message 7 of 24 (1,234 Views)

Re: Controls still visible

Hero
@cchilan07 Could you add a picture ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 24 (1,083 Views)

★★★ Novice

Photo attached

Message 9 of 24 (1,073 Views)

★★★ Novice

Photo attached

Message 10 of 24 (1,072 Views)