I can't access my households anymore

by nuclearnatalia

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can't access my households anymore

★ Novice

At first the game worked perfectly. But, now it's not. I don't know how to fix it. I tried EVERYTHING!!! What do I do? I just got it!! My mom will be really mad if its broken on the 5th day of having it. Please help.

Message 1 of 14 (4,502 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I can't access my households anymore

[ Edited ]
Hero

For the reload issue, please post here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Info-Request-Loading-family-just-loads-Map-again/td-p/4137595

@nuclearnatalia Is that the issue you have too ? If so, tell your mom it's not your fault. If not, please describe your issue in more details.

LOCKING THIS THREAD: PLEASE POST IN THE THREAD LINKED ABOVE.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 14 (5,415 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Are you stuck at the map? because the exact thing is happening to me.. Frown

Message 2 of 14 (4,476 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's Happened to me aswell, Do you have any custom content because the last time I actually got to play I got a message that basically said "One or more of your custom content no longer exists within your game." and I play then I saved and quited for the day, that was the last I got to play. But the funny thing is I haven't deleted any cutom for a while. Did you get a similar message? Or does it even matter if you have any custom content for the to game break?

Message 3 of 14 (4,464 Views)

★★ Novice

I was able to play yesterday, but this morning I cannot load any of my households.  I get to the world screen, and can click on my houses, and select the 'Play' option.  I get a loading screen, and then the game takes me back to the world screen.  I'm also not able to access empty lots on the map, where I could build a house, etc.  Exactly the same issue: click on the lot, select build icon, load screen, back to world.

I have closed the game and reopened it, and the same issue occurs.

Message 4 of 14 (4,459 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

The same issue is also happenin to me. Creating a new save worked a few times but now it doesn't. Hope they come out with a fix for this soon!

Also, click the "Me too" button under the first post to show the devs how much of a problem this is!

Message 5 of 14 (4,448 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had a household that was huge, so I wanted to split them up. I did so, but I realised that the house my new family was in was too small. So I moved them. But after that, I couldn't access my worlds anymore. Hopefully EA fixes this soon.

Message 6 of 14 (4,445 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have just developed exactly the same problem a few minutes ago. If I try to play a household in Oasis Springs, the game takes me to the Willow Creek map, and vice versa. This is happening regardless of whether I select build or play. Removing custom content and repairing the game does not help.

The only unusual event immediately before the problem developed was that three of the members of the household I was playing aged up - the two kids became teenagers and the teenager became a younf adult. I then saved the game and tried to switch households, but no luck. I can't tell whether the problem has any connection with the aging, but I am mentioning it in case it does. I am going to restoring the game to an earlier version, before the aging-up, to see whether this will make any difference.

Message 7 of 14 (4,430 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the exact same issue as of 2 days ago. Just randomly can't access households anymore - so can't play the game. Tried restarting, deleting the most recent save file.. nothing works. This really is unacceptable the game has come out with way too many glitches.

Message 8 of 14 (4,423 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

For the reload issue, please post here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Info-Request-Loading-family-just-loads-Map-again/td-p/4137595

@nuclearnatalia Is that the issue you have too ? If so, tell your mom it's not your fault. If not, please describe your issue in more details.

LOCKING THIS THREAD: PLEASE POST IN THE THREAD LINKED ABOVE.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 14 (5,416 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Just an update - reverting to an earlier version of the game doesn't work. Nor does starting a new game. I will clearly have to uninstall and resinstall the game completely (although I'm so hacked off right now I'm not sure I can be bothered).

What I have noriced, though, is my game has generated a number of excepotion reports over the last couple of hours - for whast I can see of the times, it looks as though there is one for each failed attempt to access a household. I could post them (or the latest one) if that would be any help. I don't wnat to just go ahead and do this uninvited, as the last report is very long and I don't want to hijack/mess up this thread.

Message 10 of 14 (4,417 Views)