Re: I Am Being Haunted By Darth Maul

by CharlieDaisy12

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@EA_DragonsEye  Thank you for fixing the formatting that was showing up in my post. I agree, it is very distracting and makes it difficult to read. I was upset myself. It looks like you fixed it, though. Do you still want me to copy it out and send it?

I am sorry to hear the team may not be prioritizing this issue. After I posted it I really looked at that menu picture. It’s really depressing, @EA_DragonsEye, and we have to look at that whenever we’re in the game. Plus it really does get in the way of getting married. Plus for quests, for anything, its hard. Can you imagine putting that picture on a billboard to sell this game? I wonder what the success rate would be. 

I agree @SalixCat was great. Always is. She’s very good at getting to the heart of the matter, which I imagine you and your team find immensely helpful.

I was not worried about your not answering this post. The solution was to accept this problem even though it’s really hard to play around. Or not play the game at all.
This guy actually bothers me more now, though, if that makes any sense. Especially with this mysterious name, “X”. Is there any way he could just be removed from my game, or barring that have his name restored to Zander? I’m just avoiding that game now, I don’t want to be there. 

If I could just say, honestly I have some bugs in my game that are making it long term unplayable. This Sims talking at once. It’s hard to take. You just avoid it. Which means I don’t get to sit on my little benches in the garden or at my kitchen table. Plus if you can imagine it’s sort of like having the TV and radio playing at once. Very annoying. 

Thank you for your response though.

Oh, and you may have seen my posts on Twitter warning long term players about this issue. Just so people don’t get invested in all kinds of ways only to have this happen without warning. That’s how it happened to me. I feel it’s only fair. That is my motive. Fairness, and in this case getting to the truth, so we have a chance at a game that honestly, in my case, just works at this point. And hopefully, ultimately, it becomes one of the best mobile RPGs on the market. I think it has that potential. 

Message 11 of 17 (1,102 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@CharlieDaisy12 I asked about the name change of your npc and maybe I will need your player id, could you Dm it to me just in case?

Message 12 of 17 (1,095 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@EA_DragonsEyeSure, right away. The reason I added the extra is because I feel like I have one chance to have your ear so I better get as much information that is relevant to me across as possible. Have DM’d the info. 

Message 13 of 17 (1,153 Views)

★★★★ Guide
UPDATE: I’m making a new post for this because it’s important. I feel like a real idiot now. I was trying to capture ad video, forgot it was playing and just happened to catch my NPC elder Sim at the Workshop. I took her briefly into the dressing room so the developers could see that, just in case, and then it occurred to me, if I can’t change her name, she must have become an NPC. Then I decided to check a regular NPC, to see if I could change their name, if it had to have been someone else that put in the X. NOPE. I Can Change Any NPCs Name I Want To. Had no idea. Never came up. So all this X business proves 100% of nothing. Except that it’s possible I changed the name myself. Great. Whoever did it you had to have been rooting against me. There’s nothing helpful about this at all, except that it put me in the position of looking like a raving lunatic.
Thanks eh. And WHY didn’t anybody say anything?
I’m not deleting this. It’s all true.
I have no idea what EA_DragonsEye is supposed to be fixing. I can fix it myself.😞

Message 14 of 17 (1,025 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@EA_DragonsEye Thank you for requesting my information. That was great. I really thought things were looking up. But now I’m confused. What the heck does this mean? Have I been blocked? Nothing happened. But the bar ‘ignore CharlieDaisy12’, has changed to grey. I didn’t think it always was. And I just sent freezing ad video data the other day, as per your other request and my promise. I don’t understand. Why has this happened? Can someone quick reply me - am I wrong? Or does this format mean I am being ignored as a user. 

Edit: the next day. Yes, I am wrong. I figured it out, it looks like I was ignoring myself somehow. Sorry EA DragonsEye. I’m just figuring all this out as I go along here. Wondering why you don’t want my advertisement data? You asked for it? It is there when you need it. 

0AC465CA-7256-431D-B996-C485E72BC8B3.jpeg

Message 15 of 17 (954 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

This is not an easy post to write, much less submit. It turns out that I’m not sure whether or not I changed that NPCs outfit to the Darth Maul costume.

When I took off his mask, back when I did the Bug Report, I sort of recognized him, but I wasn’t sure and it kept niggling at me. So I went to My Pictures and looked way back around the beginning of that game for any pictures that might have captured him walking down the street and sure enough. I did find one.

I also went back into my game tonight after another name change to that character was made, yes, another change was made, to first name, X, last name, Y. I swear I never changed that name. But discovering it was more traumatizing than you know. I phoned EA Help immediately, because I could not put in a Bug Report here, any Report, I was cut off last night, I assume for being outspoken on this company requiring better customer support for its players. 

After finding that out, I called EA Help and told them about the situation and now it’s all in writing and pictures with them.

That Report has also been submitted separately here. It is regarding “X” turning up in another menu as XY. Turns out his last name was Y, and the menu I discovered showed both first and last names, as it was supposed to. The other only showed first names, as it was supposed to. When I wrote the Report, I was under the erroneous impression that he simply had the one name, when he in fact had 2. A first and last. And that showed up in the second menu to my surprise. I resolved all this myself hours ago, and will post to that 3rd Bug Report accordingly. 

March 13, 2021

I wrote before that I can’t imagine me having perpetrated something like this on myself, it’s far-fetched to me, and that’s true. But it was 8 months ago, I just couldn’t pass a polygraph on it I don’t think. I didn’t like this NPC I remember, just didn’t like the look of him, so maybe I put him in that outfit for that reason and forgot to take it off, I don’t know. I’ve never done that before or anywhere else, but that’s all I can say. For these reasons, because I just can’t remember NOT doing it 100%, I have to leave it. And it has been left. However the name change from his full normal name to “X” happened within 48 hours Max. I have picnics all the time and that’s where it showed up. Also, I was familiar with him, he was not going to be removed from my game, so I had taken the plunge and changed his outfit. I didn’t change his name and I didn't forget practically overnight and I could pass a polygraph on it. 100%.

Regarding posting issues. I don’t know how other players are finding it, I hope it’s all going well, but I am having multiple problems with the site. One of which is being able to consistently submit posts. I went to EA Help on this issue and there seems to be a glitch in the software. Apparently it is to be expected from time to time and there is a workaround. Anyone that would like it just let me know. It’s easy.

There is one more factor that affects all this that I will post here for that reason. I discovered a twin, for “X” at the Law Centre, dressed in street clothes. He has a different, generic NPC name. 

Message 16 of 17 (846 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

There has been an outstanding issue with this Report regarding it being changed from the original. This issue has been resolved.

The correct ordering for this Report, is:

Posts 1 - 7 All as written
Post 8 - should be post 10
Post 9 - should be post 9
Post 10 - should be post 11
Post 11 - should be post 12
Post. 12 - should be post 13
Post 13 - should be post 8
Post 14 - should be post 14
Post. 15 - should be post 15
Post 16 - should be post 16

The facts are these:

1. I have been playing with an NPC dressed as Darth Maul in my game for approximately 8 months and I didn't dress him that way as far as I am concerned, but I am not 100%

2. The day after I reported this in the above Bug Report his name changed from Zander to X, and I didn't do it, I am 100%

3. His name changed the day after in another menu. I ended up resolving this issue by myself. In the one menu he has a first name only, in the other a first and last. That is why it looked like he had a different name to me.

4. A twin to this X has been discovered at the Law Centre dressed in street clothes, and I am 100% on that. I have pictures, thankfully.

This entire issue remains unresolved.

I would like to thank AHQ_Official for her or his consistent support of these posts. I appreciate the support. It has been a very difficult bug to deal with.

Message 17 of 17 (681 Views)