Re: HvV Hero lock out

by RogueZeroRendar

Original Post

HvV six second timer broken

★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug If you try and utilize the six second respawn, you can't pick who you just died with https://youtu.be/_R_9IZr7PSg
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? IcedFreon-
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 07/09/19
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 6:00pm
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Die in HvV then go into the menu to respawn
What happens when the bug occurs? You can't choose who you just died with
What do you expect to see? Being able to pick who I just died with
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Please fix this. It's annoying to be told the respawn timer is down to six seconds, then the only way to utilize this is to go into the menu to respawn. But now we can't because then you have the possibility of not being able to pick who you died with.

https://youtu.be/_R_9IZr7PSg

Evidence there.

Message 1 of 46 (3,059 Views)

Re: HvV six second timer broken

★★★★★ Expert

Great evidence @icedfreon . But I'm confused. Is the 6 seconds timer something permanent? This info must have skipped my attention, and I haven't been playing much lately. If the 6 seconds timer only applies when you go back to Character Selection Screen, this is already a BUG and another oversight by DICE as usual.

But then you get your selection as unavailable too? Never I went back to selection screen and saw that. Another BUG. I'll add that issue to my testing queue for the next time I do my round of tests.

Message 2 of 46 (3,015 Views)

Re: HvV six second timer broken

★ Apprentice

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/137635/heroes-vs-villains-tweaks-updated-may-27/p1

Check this thread. It was a change implemented that never worked unless you went to the menu. Then and only then was the respawn six seconds. So it's never worked as intended. But at least it worked. Now it does what you saw in that video.

Message 3 of 46 (3,004 Views)

Locked out of characters in Hero’s vs. Villains

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug When you die in Hero’s vs. Villains, if you hit the A button, you immediately get locked out of your current character. At the top of the screen it’s says “starting as a random character”......leaving you absolutely no choice but to choose another one (or just let the timer count down and let the game choose one randomly for you). This is easily the worst bug in the game, as it totally changes the tide of a battle by forcing you to choose characters that you don’t want to use, resulting in more deaths. Prior to this bug, if you hit the A button after dying, you would merely go to the characters page and just stay on your character.....allowing you to continue playing as them if you didn’t actually want to change. It wouldn’t lock you out of playing that character. Please fix. It’s awful.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? MCCARNEY
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? It started occurring with the large update with the tanks (either late June or early July 2019)
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) All hours of every day since the update
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just go to hero’s vs villains, pick a character, let someone kill you and then tap A. Hitting A repeatedly will all but guarantee it will happen. P.S. when games are tense and someone dies, it’s almost a gut reaction to hit A to try and get in the game faster. So, it happens all the time.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you die in Hero’s vs. Villains, if you hit the A button, you immediately get locked out of your current character. At the top of the screen it’s says “starting as a random character”......leaving you absolutely no choice but to choose another one (or let the timer count down and let the game choose one for you).
What do you expect to see? I’d like to see it go back to Prior to this bug, where if you hit the A button after dying, you would merely go to the characters page and just stay on your character.....allowing you to continue playing as them if you didn’t actually want to change. It wouldn’t lock you out of playing your current character.

If necessary I can provide video of it happening 

Message 4 of 46 (3,051 Views)

Re: Locked out of characters in Hero’s vs. Villains

★★★★ Pro

Pressing "A" implies you want to change characters.  Simply put, do not press A after a death.  If you do get caught in the change characters screen, press B to unselect your hero, you should then be able to select any character not currently in play, including the one you were just using.  Hope this helps!

Message 5 of 46 (3,034 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this problem as well on PS4, even if you remove the selection on the current character they stay greyed out.

Message 6 of 46 (2,957 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Unfortunately, you have to be very fast when you want to change characters.  Press A as soon as the option comes up, press B immediately on the selection screen.  Has to be done within a couple of seconds, otherwise you're forced into playing the character again.  You get to be good at it after a while.  Definitely not working as intended though, it we be nice if the dev team could take a look at it and add it to the bug pile.

Message 7 of 46 (2,936 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for raising this we'll get it tracked on our end. 

Appreciate the workaround for those that are unaware, @grimmace2 Thumbs up

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 46 (2,931 Views)

HvV Hero lock out

★ Guide

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug I can't pick the same hero after I die in HvV
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Equinox
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 7/16/2019
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 1:39PM
What is your time zone? EAT - GMT + 3:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play HvV and be defeated. It doesn't matter how just be defeated, don't respawn. When you die push the button that makes you change your hero. I always do this because of the quicker respawn.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you are in the hero selection screen the hero you had selected will be lock. Like someone else picked it and you are forced to pick a different hero.
What do you expect to see? I believe it only happens in the first 6 seconds of the respawn. I am afraid that is all I can tell you.

Keep trying until the issue is solve. I think it is because of the quicker respawn time when you go back to the hero selection.

Message 9 of 46 (2,928 Views)

Re: HvV Hero lock out

★★★★★ Expert

We've been having multiple reports on this same issue. @EA_Blueberry answered in one of them and it seems to be the one that gathered more attention. It also has a workaround suggested by @grimmace2 . I suggest you go there @MiniPlate990253 , here is the link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Locked-out-of-characters-in-Hero-s-vs-Villains/m-p/8015659

@DYSPROssium 
Could you merge these? There's also this older report about the same issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/HvV-six-second-timer-broken/td-p/8010864

Message 10 of 46 (2,909 Views)