HvV can't use abilities after stun

by DYSPROssium

Original Post

HvV can't use abilities after stun

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug After being stun by villains in HvV (kylo and vader that I am aware of) the abilities won't refresh and you cannot use them until you die.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? DYSPROssium
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? ‎26 ‎November ‎2017
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 17:36:17
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? ECT - GMT + 1:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play HvV and let Kylo or Vader stun you (choke or freeze). This happens sometimes, not sure what is going on.
What happens when the bug occurs? The abilities become grey and you cannot use them anymore until you die.
What do you expect to see? That the abilities are refreshed and you can use them again. I understand that they are locked when force choked or freezed, but after that you should be able to use them again.
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

I got a video of this bug from two different matches playing as Rey and Han solo. https://youtu.be/xvMq2nTCtPs?t=1m44s

Message 1 of 42 (5,065 Views)

Re: HvV can't use abilities after stun

★★ Novice
I have the same problem on ps4 and also i can to use the guard with jedi or sith too and this bug also occurs in galactic assault mode . Please fix that thank you
Message 2 of 42 (4,947 Views)

Community Manager

I noticed this myself after I was hit by a stun grenade. I was killed pretty quickly so I assumed the effect would fade after the stun did, but you're saying that it persists until the next elimination?

Thank you.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 42 (4,943 Views)

Hello David.

Yes, as I have written above, the stun works fine and it temporarily disables your abilities. However, sometimes your abilities won't become active again after you have been stunned. If you take a close look at this 20-second video here https://youtu.be/xvMq2nTCtPs?t=2m5s you can see exactly what I mean. In the video, you see me as Han Solo fighting Kylo. He stuns me (freeze ability) after which I escape and survive. Around the 2:20 mark my middle ability comes out of cooldown, but turns instantly grey, which means I cant use it.

The only way to use them again is to die/respawn. 

If there is anything else you would like to know, feel free to reply to me.

Message 4 of 42 (4,935 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you, that's very clear.

There were some other good bugs in that video too, thank you for it. Also the iden animation bug at the end was quite amusing.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 42 (4,919 Views)

★ Apprentice

This bug also disables jumping in my case when playing as Rey. Blocking and dodging still works though.

Message 6 of 42 (4,912 Views)

Community Manager

@vVrathh @DYSPROssium Thank you for the extra detail. I have word that some (and possibly all) instances of this bug may have been fixed*.

Can you let us know when you last encountered any manifestation of this issue?

*Unfortunately bug hunting can be tricky, and while a fix might remove a lot of instances of a bug, it might not catch them all. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 42 (4,887 Views)

"

@EA_David I have played HvV today and watched closely for this bug. I have the updated version of the game and this bug is still present on PC (04-12-2017 23:02). 

Here is a clip I filmed today (after the update). You can see me as Han Solo using the middle (sharpshooter) ability. Then the right ability goes into grey modes (not usable), which is as expected. Then the right ability comes online after I finished the middle one (this is visible in the video by playing it back slowly, you can do this in youtube under settings)

Then Darth Chokes me. After he did that, my right ability can't be used anymore. You can see this in the video at the grey colour. I tried to use it but that doesn't work. 

It's really short: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkLWGub8tRA&feature=youtu.be

(from the 0:13 I should be able to use it)

Since it is out of cooldown after he chokes Han, it should be directly usable instead of being grey. 

Message 8 of 42 (4,872 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you, that's perfect. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 42 (4,854 Views)

★ Guide

EA_David can u please respond to the fact that many players (myself included) dont receive credits from duplicates after the November 30 update... I have seen that you respond to topics so please check this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqyPVPDM-4s&list=LLeYGubCmipDQ-9wurtW3H5A&index=1&ab_channel=BelaSom...

Message 10 of 42 (4,842 Views)