by Tinogiggedy

Original Post

Luke Skywalker's Abilities Bugged

★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Luke's force push and repulse do not work
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 01/09/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 8:15PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play as luke. I last noticed it against palpatine
What happens when the bug occurs? Lukes abilities and animations fire, but nothing happens to the enemies within range
What do you expect to see? For the abilities to work!
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX970

Described in other sections. Luke is already weak, please fix these bugs. 

Message 31 of 42 (2,433 Views)

Hero abilities disabled

★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug After facing 2 villains abilities the hero i use cant use abilities unless respawn
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Vova_blat_rusia
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 1/11/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 17:30
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? AET - GMT + 10:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? https://youtu.be/8H3arEuQaOI
What happens when the bug occurs? Abilities disabled
What do you expect to see? Ablities usable
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

https://youtu.be/8H3arEuQaOI
Message 32 of 42 (2,424 Views)

Re: HvV can't use abilities after stun

★ Novice
I get this a lot on ps4. Mostly after vaders chock.
I've even had my saber not show as Rey a couple of times. Can't do anything but respawn to reset everything it's getting very annoying now.
Message 33 of 42 (2,350 Views)

Just a head up that this bug is affecting more characters than Rey and Han, it still happens also with other. For example with Leia.

Message 34 of 42 (2,317 Views)

★ Guide
Before today I had never had this bug. Then I got it twice in an hour. First, as Yoda, and then as Darth Vader. None of the abilities or jumping work. Here's a clip as Darth Vader: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaYH6g27AOQ

A shame to see that this thread was made last November.
Message 35 of 42 (2,262 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I can't believe this has come back to haunt us. It has been fixed to me for months. I really don't want to have this BUG again.

But as far as I remember, if you'd allow yourself to get caught in a forced movement ability or a paralyzing one, it'd get the BUG away.

Message 36 of 42 (2,205 Views)

★★ Pro

Talking about stuff not working after stuns, lately I have found that Reys block seems to get bugged after anytime Kylo manages to land his pull attack it happens to me 100% of the time. It does that thing where the animation works but the block does nothing. Ahhrrghhh EA seriously need to fix all these bugs they ruin this game. 

Message 37 of 42 (2,179 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Tinogiggedy

I can't agree more that EA must stop treating this game like garbage and put some serious labor behind it to fix it and make it the incredible game it was supposed to be.

However I don't think what you're describing is a BUG, but rather a feature: Kylo Pulls Blocking Rey

Normal Scenario ( 1 ): Kylo hits Rey in his Pull's AoE and Rey is Blocking > Rey enters an animation of successfully blocking a hard staggering move > this creates a brief window where she can be hit by anyone > Blocking stance resumes

Kylo has Harsh Pull Star Card Scenario ( 2 ): Kylo hits Rey in his Pull's AoE and Rey is Blocking > Rey enters an animation of successfully blocking a hard staggering move AND LOSES 50 HP > this creates a brief window where she can be hit by anyone > Blocking stance resumes

Kylo pulls non blocking Rey Scenario ( 3 ): Kylo hits Rey in his Pull's AoE and Rey is NOT Blocking > Rey gets pulled through the air completely vulnerable and unable to do any movement, attack, or skill usage > as soon as she lands she enters the standing up animation and is already able to block (although no blocking animation will override the standing up animation, unless she actually blocks an incoming attack with the exception of a normal shot) > as soon as she gets up everything is back to normal

So Kylo's Pull damage (which only exists by using the Harsh Pull Star Card) actually bypasses any block, like yoda's dash attack. Perhaps that's what happens to you? Scenario 2

Message 38 of 42 (2,162 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@RogueZeroRendarthanks for taking the time to explain all of that. I wish it were scenario two, I also considered it could be the brief window after getting staggered and is why I wasn't sure if it was a bug.

It's quite incredible how many different ways this game can bug out really. This game could be do special to us SW fans so near but yet so so far.

I seem to be able to block Kylo absolutely fine, but if he manages to land pull, usually while jumping or infuriatingly during dash(why one force power overrides another is inexplicable seeing how activating dash doesn't work while frozen, force powers should only be blockable by force block imo) that's when it starts. You get the animation but block does nothing. First couple of times it happened during mayhem and I couldn't be sure I hadn't been shot from behind or something, having my suspicions I've been watching for it, sure enough I've found it happens every time he lands pull, all of a sudden block doesn't prevent any damage getting through, I need to go bash the attack button gas out her stamina and it returns to normal again(thanks for that btw). In GA that can sometimes be easier said than done. It's strange and I don't understand why it would only happen with Rey. It'd be nice if someone else could confirm this also happens so I know it's not just mine but it's not easy to spot because if you don't notice straight away or realise it's happened you end up dead in a flash wondering wtf just happened. Plus I doubt it even makes a difference, people been reporting bugs that ruin the game since last November and here we are 10months later reporting the same sh*t some of it that has been announced as fixed.

Just want to add I hate catching a whooping on this game but the whoopings make you better and show you how it's done, getting whoopings through bugs, glitches and people exploiting all these different bugs etc it's just killing this game. Tried a few rounds of HvV and wow barring two rounds out of about 10 that sh*t is still practically unplayable. Equally I don't like winning even if I'm top of the leaderboard when two of my team mates are exploiting the f*ck out of the bugs in the game for example. In this state the game makes me go ape to the point I want to fling 💩 at EA for doing this to a SW title. 

Message 39 of 42 (2,142 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@RogueZeroRendarthanks for taking the time to explain all of that. It's quite incredible how many different ways this game can bug out. This game could be do special to us SW fans so near but yet so so far.

If only it were scenario 2.

I seem to be able to block Kylo absolutely fine barring after being staggered as you mention(I always tend to throw in a dodge after being staggered), but if he manages to land pull, usually while jumping or infuriatingly during dash(why one force power overrides another is inexplicable seeing how activating dash doesn't work while frozen, force powers should only be blockable by force block imo) upon standing up from pull that's when it starts. You get the animation but block does nothing. First couple of times it happened during mayhem and I couldn't be sure I hadn't been shot from behind or something, having my suspicions I've been watching for it, sure enough I've found it happens every time he lands pull, all of a sudden block doesn't prevent any damage getting through, I need to go bash the attack button gas out her stamina and it returns to normal again(thanks for that btw). In GA that can sometimes be easier said than done. It's strange and I don't understand why it would only happen with Rey. It'd be nice if someone else could confirm this also happens so I know it's not just mine but it's not easy to spot because if you don't notice straight away or realise it's happened you end up dead in a flash wondering wtf just happened. Plus I doubt it even makes a difference, people been reporting bugs that ruin the game since last November and here we are 10months later reporting the same sh*t some of it that has been announced as fixed.

Just want to add I hate catching a whooping on this game but the whoopings make you better and show you how it's done, getting whoopings through bugs, glitches and people exploiting all these different bugs etc it's just killing this game. Tried a few rounds of HvV and wow barring two rounds out of about 10 that sh*t is still practically unplayable. Equally I don't like winning even if I'm top of the leaderboard when two of my team mates are exploiting the f*ck out of the bugs in the game. In this state the game makes me go ape to the point I want to fling 💩 at EA for doing this to a SW title. 

Message 40 of 42 (2,140 Views)