Re: HvV: No character selection highlight

by SantaBran94

Original Post

HvV: No character selection highlight

★★★ Pro

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug After the Grievous patch, the HUD does not highlight the character you're currently on, making selection a mess.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play HvV.
What happens when the bug occurs? Selected characters are not highlighted.
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Note: By "selecting" the character, I don't mean the actual action of pressing "A" (or any corresponding key on other platforms), that highlights your character alright. But when you are still choosing between them, you don't really know where your cursor is.

As you can see, I've selected Rey, and currently on Lando, yet there is no indication to that whatsoever. In fact, there seems to be some selection around Han...

c4fbdcbe-325e-41af-a397-267aaf8b9501.PNG

Message 1 of 18 (1,491 Views)

Champion

@felker_s wrote:

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug After the Grievous patch, the HUD does not highlight the character you're currently on, making selection a mess.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can yo

As you can see, I've selected Rey, and currently on Lando, yet there is no indication to that whatsoever. In fact, there seems to be some selection around Han...

Hey @felker_s.  Thanks for the report.  Curious.  Since the update, did you do a reset or complete restart?  I have seen these sometimes when updates come, but no reboot / restart was completed.  Seems to help.  If yes, check that one off. If not, maybe give it a try...

Thanks again. You are great at helping out the entire community!  Keep it up!.

GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 2 of 18 (1,477 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I did, it did not solve it for me. It's also quite annoying that you can't deselect a character by simply pressing B, you have to actively highlight that character before doing so - this makes it even more difficult to navigate now, since I have to get back to my prev. selection, deselect it, and navigate quasi-blindly to my new selection. Of course, you still see the hero names as you select them, it's just a bit confusing.

Additionally,  in Galactic Assault, the respawn timer has disappeared. That makes it extra dodgy to actually select a reinforcement or hero, since many spawncampers are waiting for heroes to die, especially now that Grievous has arrived. Either the counter should come back, or you should be able to select your character in advance, same as you do with regular troopers.

Message 3 of 18 (1,466 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've got the same problem for the PS4 version it makes even attempting to use of Grievous impossible
Message 4 of 18 (1,437 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am also experiencing this problem on the PS4 platform.  In addition to not have the character selection highlight, I am unable to change characters during the match.  I am able to select a character at the start of the match (hard to do because of the no character selection highlight button), but after selecting this character, I am unable to select a new character to change to during the middle of the match.  I do not know if these two issues are related, however both are frustrating. 

Message 5 of 18 (1,382 Views)

★ Guide
Yeah im the same here it is very confusing i have to rely on the cards updating to know who i picked Standard smile. I am just sticking to what ever hero i end up getting but it spoils my chance of getting Grevious as he has no cards i don't know if its not loaded or not Standard smile
Message 6 of 18 (1,362 Views)

★★★ Pro

@SantaBran94

As I said, you have to actively highlight your current character, and then press B (or, the corresponding button on PS4, circle perhaps?) to deselect him/her.

Hopefully this solves it for you aswell. If I recall correctly, this wasn't the case pre-patch - you could press it on any highlighted character, and it ended the selection. Now it's an additional annoyance, since you can't even see the selection.

In the meantime, I suggest focusing on the character names on the upper left corner, that substitutes as selection now, since it updates right away, without having to wait for the character render.

Message 7 of 18 (1,353 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here. PS4 - can't change character after my initial selection. You get stuck with the same character for the entire game.

Message 8 of 18 (1,301 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm getting the same bug. I'm stuck with the same character for the whole game, which is pretty annoying. It made it very unenjoyable.

Message 9 of 18 (1,282 Views)

★ Novice

anyone have a solution to this? I'm having every single one of these problems on ps4 and its quite unplayable. 

Message 10 of 18 (1,266 Views)