Re: Anyone else getting an huge uptick in crashes today?

by dotframed

Original Post

Huge uptick in crashes today?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? dotframed
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. The loot area just west of repulsor
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. just playing
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1 or 2? crashing a ton today
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) around 12-15 times already today
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Brief hang, then crash to desktop. Sometimes just quick crash to desktop.
What should be happening instead? not crashing
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? no idea

I've noticed a noticeable increase in crashes today with no changes to my setup.  First I tried just reboot to see if that cleared it up but still crashing just about every other game.  It is noticeably worse than it has ever been.

I am running a fresh install of Win10 with minimal other apps installed (was trying to fix previous crashes).

I updated NVIDIA drivers to 425.31 to see if that would help and no change.

The most recent crash was near the start of the match on a slow-mo server.

Not every crash produces a crash file but putting the last one I have here.  I was logging every aspect of my GPU/CPU I could and noticed no significant spikes in temps or usage or voltage or anything.  Just running along fine and then nothing.

This is the only game I've had this sort of issue with but being my absolute favorite game right now it really makes things difficultStandard smile

Message 1 of 3 (174 Views)

★★ Novice

Another in the first game after posting thisFrown

Message 2 of 3 (164 Views)

★★ Novice

and two more crashes.  Can't take anymore todayFrown  Just can't even play the game right now.

Message 3 of 3 (141 Views)