Original Post

Hud disappearing as well as aim dot

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Xbox Series X
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox Series X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Huck056006
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Everywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Literally starting a game..
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 5 at most
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I don’t know my health, my teammates health, how much damage I dealt to an enemy, the remaining squads and players, or the ring. It majorly impacts my ability to play the game.
What should be happening instead? I play a game with no issues.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check for Xbox series x bugs. I don’t do anything to have these bugs impact my game.

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Xbox Series X
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox Series X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Huck056006
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Everywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Literally starting a game..
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 5 at most
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I don’t know my health, my teammates health, how much damage I dealt to an enemy, the remaining squads and players, or the ring. It majorly impacts my ability to play the game.
What should be happening instead? I play a game with no issues.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check for Xbox series x bugs. I don’t do anything to have these bugs impact my game.

Hello, it has come to my attention that I’m the only one out of my friends that get bugs where Either my cross hair disappears for the whole game, or the a hud that displays health of the team, damage dealt, teams left, people left, etc. disappears. I joked around about it being hardcore mode because when it first happened, but it’s been happening ever since that day, which is when I got my Xbox series X (a year ago). I’m wondering how I can fix this? Thank you for your time

Message 1 of 8 (1,247 Views)

Re: Hud disappearing as well as aim dot

Community Manager
@HuckleberryFinn5 That's interesting, and certainly shouldn't be happening. Have you reinstalled at any point?

If so, do you have multiple HDDs? Can you try installing to the different one and see if it has an impact?
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,203 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi David,

I have re-installed once before and it did not have any effect. I do have an external hard drive, so I will try playing with move/re-install/installing and keep you updated if anything fixes the issue!

Message 3 of 8 (1,191 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi David, 

Quick update, I’ve played for a few hours after mixing up any combination I could fathom (the game to my external hard drive, re-installing the game, etc.).

I am still having the same issue. I had no hud about 5 games after re-installing the game to my Xbox hard drive, then a majority of my games either had no audio at all (completely new as of today), no crosshairs, or no hud. No mix of the no hub and no crosshairs occurred, which they typically occurred simultaneously or chronologically. 

Message 4 of 8 (1,172 Views)

★★ Novice
@HuckleberryFinn5 I have edited this comment as events have evolved.
Message 5 of 8 (1,158 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks. Unfortunately it's looking like this might indicate some local system issue. While it does occcur in different circumstances, it tends to be rare. 

Perhaps a "factory reset" (without wiping everything of course) might help: https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 8 (1,135 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi David, 

I tried what you suggested and I am still having this problem somehow. I notice now when I play solo, it doesn’t occur as much after the reset, but when I play in a duo or trio party it happens at a MUCH more frequent rate (1 out of every 3 games having either no hud or no reticle out of 4 and a half hours playing today). 

I’m sure it is probably still an issue on my end, but I thought I’d share my experience after your suggestion. 

Message 7 of 8 (1,065 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@HuckleberryFinn5 This bug also occurred to me and I deleted cache and the game worked properly
Message 8 of 8 (1,044 Views)