How to turn off these features?

by Chaseinator5

Original Post

Re: How to turn off these features?

Community Manager

@Chaseinator5 

Does your TV have a game mode option? If so, is it enabled?

Aljo.png
Message 11 of 19 (544 Views)

★ Guide

Just made sure it was on, not sure if it was before but I'll see if that helps. But the games are fine sometimes and others are much worse, what might change it game to game?

Ty

Message 12 of 19 (537 Views)

Community Manager

@Chaseinator5 

Possibly, alternate DNS settings will help. From the Xbox One screen, go to Settings > Network > Advanced settings > DNS settings > Manual. (If Settings doesn't appear on the home screen, select My Games & Apps, then Settings). From there, enter the Primary DNS as "208.67.222.222" and the Secondary DNS as "208.67.220.220". If that doesn't help, try using the google DNS servers which are: primary alt number 8.8.8.8 - secondary alt number 8.8.4.4.

Aljo.png
Message 13 of 19 (532 Views)

★ Guide

I'll give that a try thank you.

On a completely unrelated side note, are developers considering any techniques to discourage puck ragging? I have noticed there are a couple of players I frequently will run into who if they get a lucky goal at the start with rag the puck in their zone for the entire game to win 1-0, or rag it until you try to flush them out of behind the net (but if you move one so behind the net the other will move away to give him an exit) they will utilize your players being out of position on the agressive forecheck and get a odd man rush down the ice for a good scoring chance, plus your players will be out of position to accomodate for trying to get the ragging player to move. Can a tactic like a warning come on the screens when a player hangs behind their net for excessive minutes or passes in their zone for great periods of time, and if they don't move it out the other player is offer a penalty shot or a new faceoff or soemthing? It can be quite frustrating and is an abusive way to win games.

Message 14 of 19 (520 Views)

Community Manager

@Chaseinator5 

The dev team is very well aware of puck ragging. We all hate that it happens. Unfortunately, I don't have any details on potential future changes to combat this.

Aljo.png
Message 15 of 19 (513 Views)

★ Guide

I have attempted a game using the game mode. Game one vs. a guy with <60 ping went fine. Next game vs. Toronto played a guy with 65 ms ping. As expected this guy skates faster than me, my players can't pick up the puck or make an accurate pass, my goalie doesn't react to passes or shots, covering pass lanes and he passes right through me. It is SO OBVIOUS the difference in difficulty. Lose a game to a player who is not all that great, -11 CR. Sweet.

Message 16 of 19 (509 Views)

Community Manager

@Chaseinator5 

It would greatly help to get video of these issues. Please keep that in mind in the future because we can't really do anything with just a report of these happening. There are many different variables that can apply to them.

Aljo.png
Message 17 of 19 (505 Views)

★ Guide

I will now try the initial DNS solve. Is there a way to record entire games?

Message 18 of 19 (499 Views)

Community Manager

@Chaseinator5 

Check your recording settings on your console. If you don't know how to find them, you should be able to find the steps by doing an online search. I believe both consoles can record 30 minutes of footage.

Aljo.png
Message 19 of 19 (477 Views)