Re: How is it not a challenge match

by sirscientist

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How is it not a challenge match

★ Apprentice

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung s9
OS Version Jeu3737he
What is your Player ID?
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug How is it not a challenge match when all my units are lvl 8, except 1 which is lvl 9 and 1 which Is lvl 7 and the enemies team, is basically all lvl 10s. Do you have any idea how garbage it is to have flame/shock troopers be a lower lvl then the enemies flame/shock troopers at the start of the match? Fix your bs, losing rank points when the enemy has a 2 lvl gap is the most pathetic game developing I have ever seen.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Actually play test your game and you'll see.
Connection Type
Please select your region
Country

Side note, why the hell is it taking me so many attempts to post this, it keeps glitching out, if get your bs together.

Message 1 of 17 (7,147 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Live QV Team

Hi @sirscientist and thank you for your posts.

Whilst I can understand your frustration, there is no need to be that aggressive about.

A challenge match will be triggered, when

1 - Your opponent has at least 200 medals more than you on the Faction they are playing.

2 - Your opponent's army is, on average, 1.4 levels higher than yours AND you are within 3 of the League Cap (in Masters League, for example, the cap is 13, so Challenge Matches require 10+ average army level). This additional requirement is to stop players using lower level units and having endless challenge battles where they can only climb.

Feel free to leave constructive feedback in the Feedback section.

View in thread

Message 4 of 17 (7,051 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

This bs just keeps happening it's pathetic how bad your matchmaking system is, because A these should be challenge matches, legit how did you screw up so badly at your job

And B it's just a plain fact if the enemy is just as good as you their lvl 10 flame troops will stomp your lvl 8 flame troops completely losing any chance of having a chance from the start.

Either fix this bs or shut your game down till it's ready to come out of alpha.

Message 2 of 17 (7,111 Views)

★ Apprentice

Like look at this screen shot, this is all you need to do to win, 2 lvl gap shockwaves = GB and then add another lvl 10 unit to defend your strong unit from simple counters.

You might as well go as far as calling it cheating because there is literally nothing you can do about the 2 lvl gap between their shock troops and your flame troopers. 

It's so bs to the point that guy in the screenshot knows it and took advantage of it, he saw my lvl 8 flamers and knew he could go double harvy because I couldn't push even with 2 flame troops he'd already have double harvy going and enough money to counter anything I could build before I had 2 flame troops, then you could say well include a buggy in my deck and how is that going to help. At this point you've already lost even with as good micro as I have

Message 3 of 17 (7,094 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @sirscientist and thank you for your posts.

Whilst I can understand your frustration, there is no need to be that aggressive about.

A challenge match will be triggered, when

1 - Your opponent has at least 200 medals more than you on the Faction they are playing.

2 - Your opponent's army is, on average, 1.4 levels higher than yours AND you are within 3 of the League Cap (in Masters League, for example, the cap is 13, so Challenge Matches require 10+ average army level). This additional requirement is to stop players using lower level units and having endless challenge battles where they can only climb.

Feel free to leave constructive feedback in the Feedback section.

Message 4 of 17 (7,052 Views)

★★★ Guide

Could be a little less pugnacious there.

But I agree - Matches that disparate in power are pointless.   I'd like to say I'm some rockstar at this game but, less face it, most of aren't.  And I HAVE beaten higher level opponents in challenge matches.  But you have to play perfect, you have to align the stars, they really have to think you'll just roll-over, and it's really not my idea of fun.  I mean, if I won a fight with a guy who had units 2 levels higher then mine... well... he must have really been terrible, no?  It's a sad kind of victory.

Anyways - agree - matchmaking at this point is often unacceptable going in both directions.  My rise in power shouldn't be based on Rando offering me opponents 2+ unit levels - and 15-25+ player levels higher then myself.

Message 5 of 17 (7,025 Views)

★ Apprentice

You call this 1.4 average higher?

Message 6 of 17 (7,006 Views)

★ Apprentice

Eh?

Message 7 of 17 (7,003 Views)

★ Apprentice

These are pics both of mine and alliance members who have shared matches. A 2 lvl gap is too much, league regardless, either make it a challenge match or let me wait for a more lvl balanced match. Because if the enemies flame/shock troops are 2 lvls above yours, yours are basically useless. 

Like I feel bad when I have these matches and it's me when 2 lvl higher shock/flame troopers and they enemy started with a barrack, it's not fun to go against and it's not fun to be the higher lvl player. Clearly you need to add more rank leagues each with it's own unit lvl gap. Way I see it if you're not at least master league then there shouldn't be lvl 10 units involved.

Legit if you're not going to fix the matchmaking, then here is a simple fix, platinum rank should have a lvl cap of 8, diamond of 9, master of 11, tiberium the cap.

Because the reality is there shouldn't be lvl 10 units in play, that's just ridiculous, I got to master league using lvl 7 and 8s and only 1 or 2 9s.

Lowering the unit lvl cap in each league would definitely help balance the matches. Guaranteed, making matches come down to strategy and micro.

Message 8 of 17 (6,997 Views)

★ Apprentice

Inter-ledge challenge should be removed all together because the player from the lower ledge don’t stands a chance! Besides sometimes it was not a challenge battle just because the player from the higher ledge is just 200 or less medals more ? But he is still in a higher ledge and with higher level of weapons, the player with the lower ledge Will lose for sure and when he loses the battle still have to pay for the medals!

Message 9 of 17 (6,863 Views)

Level up your units. It’s really that simple. 

Message 10 of 17 (6,838 Views)