Re: Hover box isn't appearing over paintings/food

by milliemcintyre

Original Post

Hover box isn't appearing over paintings/food

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The box that appears when you hover over objects like paintings and food stopped appearing when I reinstalled the game. I had to reinstall it because of the code instead of text bug that just took over the pools update but now instead of that, I get this new one. I didn't mind the code one because I got the general gist of what was what but this one is very important as I have a barister and a painter in my household!

Also when I hover over sims, their name isn't showing up. Hovering on UI is fine, just in the actual world. 

• Are you using mods - Never
  • Are you using custom content - Yes, but it was fine before I reinstalled it with the same custom content and patch update so it isn't that. 
  • What is your Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium 
  • Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game - Limited Edition DVD (loaded via origin w/o disk) 

[EDIT] not sure if it's related, had this bug too on Sims 2 actually (except far more severe) but a child sim just walked into the neighbourhood and no matter which sim I use, I can't highlight him or even open the interaction menu on him. It's like he's just another decorational object like a tree or the boat thing in Willow Creek. 

Just went back into game, there was another child sim nearby that was exactly the same. Other lifestages seem fine however. This only started today as I usually send my sims to the park and play with the npc kids. 

Turns out it wasn't related - I went to Magnolia Blossom Park and back and I can click em again! Weird bug tho. 

Message 1 of 4 (1,417 Views)

Hero

OK. Let us know if it happens again. 

I'll leave it out for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,404 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

OK. Let us know if it happens again. 

I'll leave it out for now.

It did it again when I changed the active family, going to another lot didn't fix it this time! 

Message 3 of 4 (1,402 Views)

Hero

Try this to rule out a mod issue: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (1,399 Views)