Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Household Sims away status is incorrect in town mode while at work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1.Launch Sims 4 2. Load into a Game (Game 1,2,3). 3. Choose a World and select a household. 4. Enter the household. 5. Wait for an Adult Sim to go to work or a Child/Teen to go to school. 6. After one or both of the above, make sure at least one Sim family member is home 7. Save and exit your household into your world. 8. Click on the same household but do not enter.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once I click on the household to bring up family members of the house, I hover over the Sim family’s pictures, but it says that they’re all home. This should not be the case if they’re not in the house. However, this issue does not happen if a household Sim is anywhere else besides work or school.
What do you expect to see? The message next to each picture icon in the lower left corner in town mode should match the Sim’s household status correctly. Also, if the sim is not home for any reason, the picture of said sim should be greyed out in household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I did not have the media available for this issue. This issue occurred on The Sims 4 PC. This bug was typed on my smart phone.

Message 1 of 5 (763 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Household sims away status is incorrect in town mode while at work/school.

Community Manager (retired)

Crin is correct, this is how it has always worked. It doesn't show the Sims as grayed out and being on another lot because they're technically not, they're just in a rabbit hole. I went back to a version of the game from 2014 and yeah, I'm seeing the same thing. So I'd call this By Design, thanks Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (634 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
I've seen this, but can't provide much for it's in my modded save. While trying to fix another sim having the stuck-at-work glitch, I hovered over the home lot on the map and noticed her husband was listed as being at home, which I thought odd. I loaded into the home lot and nope, he was still at work (and the glitched stuck-at-work sim was still "at work" on another lot). The Sims appears to be glitching a lot these days. :/
Message 2 of 5 (714 Views)

Hero
Tagging this as unsure for now. I don't think it was ever different.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (669 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Crin is correct, this is how it has always worked. It doesn't show the Sims as grayed out and being on another lot because they're technically not, they're just in a rabbit hole. I went back to a version of the game from 2014 and yeah, I'm seeing the same thing. So I'd call this By Design, thanks Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 5 (635 Views)

★★★★ Guide
That is the way I always remembered it, and with Get to work and other active careers if you follow the sim to work it will mark the sim away, but won't if you don't.
Message 5 of 5 (592 Views)