Household Inventory Item disappears in world/system error

by tlekeyboard8

Original Post

Household Inventory Item disappears in world/system error

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Eco Lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?  In build mode when trying to place something in world from the household inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? Household inventory will disappear when placing in world and also disappear from household inventory. Only happen with the current saved file since new game is perfectly fine with the household inventory (I can place items from-to household inventory without any glitch) . When I place an item from the household inventory, it will disappear which can be retrieved by clicking undo. After that, if I try to place the same item to the world, it will say 'system error', but the item is still in the inventory. No problem with personal inventory, though. Didn't try with vanilla since new save game has no issues, but I do make sure all mods are updated (only MCCC and some mods from LittleMsSam).
What do you expect to see? Items from household inventory won't disappear when placing world
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi, I have similar issues with these two threads, but not really the same:

1. Not only limited to gravestone since I don't have any gravestones, but normal Maxis items e.g. Wine from Gold Medal dating, etc.

2. The bug is comprised of two steps: First, if I try to place the item from the household directory in world, it will instantly disappear from the world and from my inventory. Second, after retrieving the said item back to the inventory by clicking undo, and if I try to place the same item to the world again, it will get rejected and 'system error' in red letter appears. Then that item will go back to the inventory.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Can-t-get-items-out-of-the-family-inventory/td-p/8...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Can-t-place-my-gravestone-from-household-inventory...

As I mentioned above, a new save game with mods works perfectly fine with the household inventory, however, the legacy save file (which I normally play) does not. 

Message 1 of 2 (1,880 Views)

Re: Household Inventory Item disappears in world/system error

Hero
@tlekeyboard8 It does sound like the first one too me. The urnstone could be just a subset of the issue and both are the same.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (1,846 Views)