Original Post

Re: Hospital Workers do nothing when giving birth

★ Guide
Sent
Message 21 of 54 (1,533 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I've experienced this problem recently as well. Had to go home and give birth because of it. No-one would take the Sim back and the Sim kept trying to buy a soda. Unfortunately, there would be no use in sending this save since the Sim already gave birth.

Message 22 of 54 (1,498 Views)

★ Guide
Maybe you could get another sim to get pregnant and then send the save? Just turn Auto-Age off for everything and then change into a random sim that you'd be fine with having a baby and then just wait until in labor? That's what I would do.
Message 23 of 54 (1,462 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Hospital Workers do nothing when giving birth

★★ Novice

I just started having this problem two weeks ago.  I have no mods or custom content installed.  I ended up having my pregnant Sim have her baby at home.

Message 24 of 54 (1,413 Views)

Have baby at hospital bugged?

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim get pregnant, try to give birth at hospital.
What happens when the bug occurs? Some of the time (1/3 times I've tried) the mom just doesn't have the baby while she's there. Nothing happens. I've had toleave and come back to the hospital to get it to work.
What do you expect to see? The sim give birth on the operating table while she's there?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch with Island Living.

This bug is a bit silly but it seems like this patch also broke doctors having pregnant sims coming so...if only our problems could come together! 

Message 25 of 54 (1,408 Views)

Re: Have baby at hospital bugged?

Hero
@verfens there's a few threads on this.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Birth-at-hospital-not-possible-No-Staff-on-duty/m-p/4...
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TROUBLESHOOT-Hospital-Workers-do-nothing-when-giving-birth/m-p...

Could you be a bit more specific what happens in your case ? Is there no staff ? Does she check and goes over to the table but never gives birth to an actual baby ?

This issue and the other have been for around for a very long time but are never conclusive

Here's the current thread for the other issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GTW-Doctor-Career-no-pregnant-sim-spawning/m-p/720...

Same there too: What happens in specific ? Do you never get the event or do they just not arrive at the lot (please continue in the linked thread).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 54 (1,389 Views)

Hero
@verfens Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 54 (1,359 Views)

★★ Guide

Right, sorry.  

What happened is that my sim went to the hospital, and though she checked in at the front desk and the staff seemed there, she never went to the back to have the baby taken out by the doctor.  Her "In Labor" timer effectively had timed out, so I sent her home, brought her back and she was then able to check in again and deliver the baby.  One of the two workers at the hospital never actually went in the building that first time, so I wonder if that was the person supposed to deliver the baby.

Message 28 of 54 (1,354 Views)

Hero
@verfens Yeah, sounds like the second issue I linked. I'm merging your thread.

Is your Sim an occult or normal Sim ? Is the staff ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 54 (1,351 Views)

★★ Guide

The sim was normal, the staff was normal (Far as I saw) as well.

Message 30 of 54 (1,344 Views)