Horrible GA Matchmaking 25 Zetas vs. 42 Zetas

★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone 8s
OS Version 12.4
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 521-749-356
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug Horrible Matchmaking in Grand Arena. If I have 25 Zetas and they have 42 Zetas, I’m going to lose every time, there’s no similar matchup. The match before this was 25 vs 31 zetas. How about you create a fair matchup?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check the matchups and see how bad they are.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States of America

Here’s pictures of all the Zetas they have. I’m not even close

46995E38-0E60-4577-BE73-50958498C65B.png
8D757D95-56AC-4254-87E8-02154EE610B2.png
Message 1 of 4 (260 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Horrible GA Matchmaking 25 Zetas vs. 42 Zetas

@Jaweste ... It's the *actual* reason for the matchmaking. You may not feel it's a fair match, but your opponent also might feel it's unfair they got paired against someone with so many extra g12.

Whether a match is "fair" or not depends on a lot of variables. Player skill, which characters they have invested in, squad composition, understanding favorable matchups, which zetas are installed, and the quality of player mods.

I can't say how close your match would be, but distilling it down to simply the "quantity of zetas" is doing yourself a disservice.

For more insight into how the matchmaking algorithm works, here's a link to the dev post explaining it:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/204353/improvements-to-grand-arena-matchm...

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (210 Views)

All Replies

@Jaweste Right now matchmaking is based primarily on the "relevant GP" - I.e. the GP of your top 65 or so characters to theirs.

Zetas, mods, stars, and gear levels are the primary way to modify GP. You have 22 g12 characters to your opponent's 8. You have Jedi Revan and they don't. I can't review the mod comparison, but this doesn't seem like an unfair match - you each have some advantages and disadvantage compared to each other.

★ Novice

I’m sorry but that’s not really a valid reason. G12 has nothing to do with it. I may have a few teams, Ewoks with 3 G12s, a few on NS and other teams but a team of G10-11 toons that all have Zetas will beat a couple of g12 with no zetas. The zetas give extra abilities that you can’t compete against. Thanks though!

Message 3 of 4 (220 Views)

@Jaweste ... It's the *actual* reason for the matchmaking. You may not feel it's a fair match, but your opponent also might feel it's unfair they got paired against someone with so many extra g12.

Whether a match is "fair" or not depends on a lot of variables. Player skill, which characters they have invested in, squad composition, understanding favorable matchups, which zetas are installed, and the quality of player mods.

I can't say how close your match would be, but distilling it down to simply the "quantity of zetas" is doing yourself a disservice.

For more insight into how the matchmaking algorithm works, here's a link to the dev post explaining it:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/204353/improvements-to-grand-arena-matchm...