Holster weapon button/key now only functions as a toggle

★★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 11G-P4-6696-KR
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? MattOfUTexas
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. any part of the map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. trying to frantically holster my weapon to start running
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 100s before last patch
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 19.03.19
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? When you try to holster your weapon, it now functions as a toggle. Before the Season 1 patch went live, the holster weapon button/key would just holster the weapon. Now it will holster then pull it out.
What should be happening instead? Either the holster weapon button/key should just holster the weapon like it did before, or the option to make it a toggle or not should be included in the game's control settings, much like toggle crouch or toggle sprint.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try hitting the holster weapon button/key in a match more than one time.

Why was this changed? I'm filing this as a bug because it wasn't included in the patch notes.

Message 1 of 28 (5,072 Views)

Re: Holster weapon button/key now only functions as a toggle

★★★ Newbie
I have the same question: Why is this changed?
It is too annoying after pressing multiple times the holster weapon key that it keeps swapping from weapon draw to holster weapon, which delays your momentum when you're in a battle.
Message 2 of 28 (4,999 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem as original poster. I was comfortable using 3 constantly to holster in many situations. Now that 3 keybind is a toggle, i unholster, and reholster about 50 times per 10 mins UNINTENTIONALLY. 

Why is there not a menu option to change this feature between holster or toggle holster? Where is this change listed in the patch notes? 

Please help us support you by supporting us. Ive been telling my friends about the game and getting them into the battlepass, hopefully you want us to keep playing also.

Message 3 of 28 (4,989 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I too experience the same problem.  It is often difficult to see whether your gun is out wile sprinting.  I regularly hit 3 while sprinting or if i stop to loot then go to sprint again I tap 3 again.  Which if my gun was already put away, it is now being pulled out.  This is very frustrating.  The worst is when I'm mashing 3 to put my gun away to change positions in a firefight and I unholster my gun again slowing me down.  I'd prefer this to go back to the old way where 3 only holsters your weapon.

Message 4 of 28 (4,975 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is extremely annoying. It contributes hugely to the clunkyness of an otherwise very clean and crisp game. So much so that it causing a great disinterest in the game. I hope that this can be addressed. 

Message 5 of 28 (4,961 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's extremely frustrating. I have almost 400 hours played and have developed a muscle memory of spamming the holster keybind whenever I want that extra speed, which is pretty much all the time I'm not actively shooting a weapon.

I have honestly stopped playing the game because it makes it unbearably clunky. Please do something about this.

Message 6 of 28 (4,930 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact problem and it's * up so much for me. I really wish they would revert the change or make you be able to choose what way you want to have it.

Message 7 of 28 (4,893 Views)

★★★★ Novice

+1 

this is a dumb change. we already have a key that cycles weapons. imagine in CSGO if swapping to your knife was a toggle. 

Message 8 of 28 (4,813 Views)

★★ Novice
The worst update! Instead of trying to make the game stable(Not crashing every 2nd game). They make changes that people didn't even ask for! And it make the game even worse! When you get RE-45 or Alternator you wont even notice that is it holster or not while sprinting!
Message 9 of 28 (4,809 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Please revert this change and add a separate bind for the new behavior if it was intended. It's pretty annoying as it is right now.

Message 10 of 28 (4,772 Views)